Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2002 mxz 600 and there are a few things about my new sled i'm hoping someone can clear up for me.
1. i have to buy a different type of spark plug for my new sled than the identical sled of the year before. and my plugs cost 6 dollars a plug. what's the difference.
2. i seem to be getting way worse gas mileage as well. my friends sled has almost half a tank when mines almost empty.
any insight into the matter will be appreciated

Edited by - mxzcrazy on 02 Jan 2002 13:47:25

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
which mxz did you get? the adrenaline or what? which does you buddy have? I know one of them has liek 40mm carbs and prolly flows a bit more fuel. And for the plugs they probably require a different gap or maybe even the diameter is different whatever it is don't be dumb just buy what you are told. You don't want to fuck up a brand new sled by being cheap.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Don't know about the plugs but the fuel should get better after your timing burns in with your MPEM (up to 10 hrs).Make sure the plugs you use are the right heat range and check your oil pump setting cuz if it's running rich, you'll suck more fuel. See what mainjets you have as well, my 700 was way fat and I dropped a few sizes (personal choice) and the mileage really improved.

·
Registered
10 Posts
i would buy the plugs from an autoparts store. i have found plugs to be two or three dollars cheaper than at the dealer

·
Registered
268 Posts
I agree with robo on the matter with the plugs. They are a jipp at dealers. As for the gas milage, I really have no clue other than if you alter the ignition and timing of the DPM. ( if you have it)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ride Snowmobiles, baseball, bowling, and golf require only ONE ball!!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
I'd still buy new plugs from a parts store, but just so you know, there is a difference. Most dealers sell plugs with a solid core, and parts stores sell plugs that have a screw on cap on top of the plug. Those caps sometimes come loose and get stuck in your plastic spark plug cap when you pull them off. They don't bother me, so i buy the cheaper ones.

The plugs from different model years could be different for alot of reason, but my guess is because they are made of different materials like: gold palladium, irridium, and such. Too bad they cost more.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts