Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there
I have a 2002 Mxz 800 that I just bought at the end of last season. It ran ok but was not fast. I have rebuilt the clutches and cleaned the carbs and when I took off the exhaust valves they were covered in oil. the oil was in the diaphrams and all over the slides that go inside the motor. Does anyone know if this is normal? And if not what might cause the problem? And how fast do these twin 800's go? I had a 800 storm that was a guided missle. 118 mph it was fast. My twin takes off well but at 80 mph falls on its face.
Thank you

·
Registered
85 Posts
is it clutched or geared because if it is its way out to lunch..... and ther should be some oil on the engine side of the diaighram however alot could be a sign of a few things. one the oil pump is either suck or not ajusted correctly, or it havent been serviced regularly or it could be that a grandma is sittin behind the handle bars and it hasnt been ran like it should.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Bubbler said:
Hi there
I have a 2002 Mxz 800 that I just bought at the end of last season. It ran ok but was not fast. I have rebuilt the clutches and cleaned the carbs and when I took off the exhaust valves they were covered in oil. the oil was in the diaphrams and all over the slides that go inside the motor. Does anyone know if this is normal? And if not what might cause the problem? And how fast do these twin 800's go? I had a 800 storm that was a guided missle. 118 mph it was fast. My twin takes off well but at 80 mph falls on its face.
Thank you

there will always be injectgor oil on the diaphragm, however i agree that the operator let it load up if it is significant. check your gear ratio in the chain case, mine goes 108 and it never falls on its face, how many rpms are you turning at 80?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts