Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so this fall I uncovered my sled and was pissed off to find that there was dirt all over one side of it. Upon closer inspection I also noticed that the RER button was knocked loose. So I was under the impression that my brother tipped it or rolled it in the spring one of the times he took it out and didn't tell me. Turns out it was just one of his idiot friends stealing my gas over the summer....I was still pissed off, but at least I knew nothing was broken.

Anyways, that's not the point. What really was wrong with the RER button was that the rubber casing was knocked almost all the way off of it. I got it off of the sled so I could try and get the rubber thing back on, but when I got it out I realized something else was wrong. I could shake it and the button was just loose; there was no tension on it like there should be.

Video of what it was like when I took it off of the sled...
http://www.snowmobilefanatics.com/gallery/_Images/Member%20Videos/Miscellaneous/200711120254_16200.avi

When I took it apart this is the stuff that was in it. I didn't really do it as carefully as I probably should have so I don't know the order things were in and it's possible I lost something (kind of the point of this thread).

After some thought I figured that I lost another spring or that it fell out somehow and that's why the button had no tension on it. So what I did was get a pen spring and try putting it in there.

So I put it together like this (from bottom to top)...
  • Small spring that was in it [/*]
  • The brass thing [/*]
  • Larger spring from the pen [/*]

I thought this had fixed it because it seems to work as it should now, but apparently something else is wrong.
Video of how it works now...
http://www.snowmobilefanatics.com/gallery/_Images/Member%20Videos/Miscellaneous/200711120357_16200.avi

I've tried a few different things but I'm out of ideas. I've tried flipping the brass thing over, and each time I plug it into the sled I've tried switching the wires. Nothing has worked.

If any of you brave souls can help me out PLEASE do it. If you know the proper way it should be put together, can find a diagram, or dare to carefully take yours apart and explain to me how everything was that would be AWESOME. I can obviously live without reverse and honestly I've never used it much, but just having it there but not working is pointless.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Signed up on dootalk, but they won't let me post! Something must be wrong with it...I don't know.

Anyways, I'm still looking for a solution. I would welcome any help you offer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts