Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wondering if anyone can provide insight into what might be wrong with my sled. I recently had my sled out on a trip and it started to bog down at the top end. It would be cruising along and then just drop down to 7000 RPMs, then jump back up without adjusting the throttle. It seemed to get worse as it warmed up and I could also sneak up to higher RPMS if I were to feather the throttle. I checked the plugs and they seemed to be fine. Anyway, I was able to limp it home and then I tried to start it the other day to move it and it was just dead. I haven't had any time to investigate further, but would appreciate some ideas to start with.

Thanks!

· Registered
2,324 Posts
I would definitely check your exhaust valves. It sounds like you have a rubber bellows that is starting to rip causing the valve to only intermittently open.

What do you mean when you say that when you tried to move it was just dead? When you come to a stop, see if your belt is riding up out of the secondary clutch a fraction of an inch, or if the belt is lower down in between the sheaves.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.