Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys i got a 2002 polaris 700 classic...i traded my 05 polaris 550 fan classic with 3500 miles on it...the 02 has 2900...it goes like a bat otta hell and it really did impress me...i was just wondering what i could do to it for so improvments. just cheap easy stuff that will help it out some...get back to me...thanks everyone

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
boost bottle, get educated on clutching and gearing, and do some of that, i little more money maybe an slp exhaust system, slp high intake air horn, i have been running our 02 700 the way we bought it and it brings the skis right off the ground without breakin a sweat, we havnt been in the carbs, or the clutches since we bought it

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ya i mean the thing halls ass...it beats alot of sleds i never drempt it would...i mean the easiest and cheapest way for the most results would be clutching and gearing....is that correct

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
How are you beating all these other sleds? There's no snow yet..

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
polaris_johndeere said:
Ugly_old_Poo_kid said:
How are you beating all these other sleds? There's no snow yet..
hahaha i got it at the beggining of last season ha...
i know, i am on the verge of a meltdown because i bought my 99 as i watched the last snowdrift melt, i havnt got to ride it yet and it s killing me

clutching and gearing might not be easy, it is if you good at it and know witch way to go and which comboes of spring weight and gears to match up, and get a boost bottle they are the easiest/cheapest/quickest power you cen buy, if you get a used one, never bought a new one before so maybe they are expensive, got mine for 20 bucks, looks like new

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
clutching, gearing, studs, boost bottle, exhaust pipe, air intake, vforce reeds/power packs, shave some weight off it.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Is a boost bottle really necessary for a 2002 Liberty motor with rack carbs?

·
Registered
848 Posts
Rubi said:
Is a boost bottle really necessary for a 2002 Liberty motor with rack carbs?
Probably not ha.

Run 91 and turn the key back to VES or PREM mode. My dad has an '02 700 classic stock, and I love the sound of that thing. You should do some sort of exhaust mod for sure.

Make sure that your hood vents are open!

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Boost bottle is a complete waste of 30 dollars. It honestly is not worth your time. I'd suggest Boysen rage cages. They are pretty spendy but there worth every penny

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
Boost bottles serve a very specific purpose, and that is to clean up the bottom end.

For trail riding they can help some, but if you spend all the time at WOT, don't bother.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ya i mean its got 144 picks and im really not sure what i want to do but thanks guys i am just trying to get a feel of things..i have always had a sled just never done much to them...and i already do run 91 and have the key turned....i wouldnt mind putting a can on it my friend has one on his vertical edge 700 and i think i am going to trade him my stock system for his....like honestly i figure it wont help much but in all reality how much will it make a difference.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
i would not do studs i have 2 with studs, and all you get is a ruined track full of tearouts, but i just saw that you already had them so i guess it doesnt matter, haha

·
Registered
3,304 Posts
i would throw a set of v-force threes in it, play with the clutches keep your belt adjusted right and run with it.

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
Should take just over an hour to install them if you've never done it before..

Should take 20 minutes to a half hour if you have.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ugly_old_Poo_kid said:
Should take just over an hour to install them if you've never done it before..

Should take 20 minutes to a half hour if you have.
do you have to mess with the jetting or anything...and how much of a different will the redds make

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
Shouldn't need to re-jet when changing the reeds. Difference? Probably not worth the cost..

You're better off clutching, gearing and/or piping.

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
All a can does is lose a couple pounds and usually a couple horswepower, and make it louder.

For speed, clutch/gear/pipe/time..
For more speed, bore/mill/port..
For even more, turbo and lightweight parts...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts