Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys and gals
I need some help with my 02 polaris classic 600. I was out for a ride and put on about 200 miles and with about 7 miles to get back to the truck it almost dies but it dont. I take off again and its running good then it almost dies again like you shut the key off. I tryed to go slower but does the same thing . It happens all 7 miles back to the truck it runs great for a mile or so then almost dies then takes off and runs great for a mile or so. I think it might be cdi or tps but i dont know much about this set up. Is there a way to test the tps or cdi? I might be way off on this so any help would be great. THANKS

· Registered
450 Posts
cannon3731 said:
Hey guys and gals
I need some help with my 02 polaris classic 600. I was out for a ride and put on about 200 miles and with about 7 miles to get back to the truck it almost dies but it dont. I take off again and its running good then it almost dies again like you shut the key off. I tryed to go slower but does the same thing . It happens all 7 miles back to the truck it runs great for a mile or so then almost dies then takes off and runs great for a mile or so. I think it might be cdi or tps but i dont know much about this set up. Is there a way to test the tps or cdi? I might be way off on this so any help would be great. THANKS
The best way to test your CDI is by swapping it out with somebody that has a similar sled. Too bad you don't live by me, cause mine would probably work for test. Otherwise, I'm not sure the exact equipment to check it. If it was your tps, you would have been running on one cylinder or not at all. It is possible that you could have a fuel issue.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.