Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I broke my choke lever off, do i need to get a new one or is there a way around it? I snapped the lever off right from the thing is there anything i can do to just break the thing and pull the lines my self? thanks Zach

·
Registered
848 Posts
Putting a paperclip or coder-pin through the hole is something that i see all the time, unless you really broke it off.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bames said:
Putting a paperclip or coder-pin through the hole is something that i see all the time, unless you really broke it off.
I really broke it off, i broke the hole off, if it was still on that is what i would do. Any other advice?
here is a little more to it.
I am looking for advice on a 2002 polaris pro x 440 choke, i was riding last night and i hit a nice ditch and my knee hit it and broke the lever off of it. The cables are alright and it runs fine. the problem is i had to dump gas down the cylinders to get it started and i do not want to have to do that every time i would like to get it started. Is there anyway i can crack it open to get to the cables and pull them manualy? thanks zach.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Get a new choke lever kit at your dealer. Last one I got cost me $4.95.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
billet choke lever and cable i think $20 on ebay.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bames said:
I understand that but the lever and holes both broke off. So when I buy a new choke does it come with cables? If so I might just cut lines by the little black box at the end and just use a pliers to pull them out.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi thechoke lever on my wife 2014 indy 550 broke of and i cant get the end that i need to pull apart. So are some not changeable and i might have to buy a whole cable? Thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts