Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A buddy of mine has a new XC800 with M10 suspension and he is having a problem. He likes to be able to get the rear end loose when coming out of a corner and "dirt track" around them. Well we can't get the sled to loosen up. You come around a corner, hang off the sled and nail it and the ski's come off the snow and you head right for the woods. We have messed with the limiter straps some, but neither of us ar familiar with seting up this style suspension. The sled is stock except for 96 studs. Any ideas??

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Yeah, the 96 studs. Why are they on there if your buddy likes the rear-end "loose"?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
For stopping purposes and when we're on the ice. We do a bit of lake running. I don't consider studs to be mainly for take off traction unless you're running picks or somthing. I feel that they are more of a safety measure for stopping without sliding. I have 96 on my XLT 600 and 120 on my XC 700 and I have no problems with getting the track to spin when I want to get loose. I would think 96 studs on an 800 twin woudln't do anything to provide a lot of traction. I figured it has something to do with the M10 suspension. On the standard suspension we just go up on the limiter srtaps and take some of the track off the ground and it works good, but that doesn't seem to work with the M10.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
In that case...I don't really know the M-10, but as with all suspension set-ups take the strap to its tightest setting. This will allow the front of the track to "pull-up" when you goose it, meaning less track on the snow. Does this help at all??

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tried that. Doesn't work. I know it does on any other Polaris, but not on this one. Major weight transfer. Thanks though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts