Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My sled will run fine for about the first ten mins. then after that it will start to bog on the low end up to about 6700 RPMS and then it takes off like a rocket. Any help would be appreciated. I think it is the pilots and the sled is getting to much fuel but i could be wrong.

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
Needle setting, pilot, and mains? air temp? How do your slides look? Are they cracked and broken? This a liquid or fanner?

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Get a set of Rack carbs off a 600 or 700 XcSp and re-jet with 440 internals. a lot of people with 440's say this mod helps remarkably with 440 carb/jetting issues.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ripperd said:
Needle setting, pilot, and mains? air temp? How do your slides look? Are they cracked and broken? This a liquid or fanner?
its a liquid cooled, and so what you mean check the slides? as in the slides that the track rides across? and its a liquid. How much do the rack style carbs cost?

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Polaristhewayout said:
I found the stock jetting to be waaaaayyy rich. But check to see what your needle is set on and maybe try moving it up one position.
My top end os perfect but bottom end is shitty, the sled was not raced. I might drop the pilots down moving the needle up. Thanks for info will let you know how it goes.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i have the stock everything. 35 pilots and 290's for the mains.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
one other question, can somebody explainh how to first drop rear suspension, and if i can just wrench the sprins or what? I know its just bolted in four spots but do i have to do anything to just undo the bolts, or can i just take off bolts and then pull it right out?

·
Registered
355 Posts
You can just unbolt it and it will come out. There is a piece on the backside were the bolt goes in where you can get a wrench on so the bolt doesn't just spin.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
98rmk700 said:
You can just unbolt it and it will come out. There is a piece on the backside were the bolt goes in where you can get a wrench on so the bolt doesn't just spin.
Thanks thats what i was looking for. Got to change out the slides..

·
Registered
355 Posts
You don't actually need to pull the suspension to do the slides. You can just unbolt them and pound them out through the track windows. As for stiffer you can turn the spring blocks to the stiffest setting and turn the shock clickers up.

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
zecow224 said:
i have the stock everything. 35 pilots and 290's for the mains.
Turn up the idle speed to 2000 and/or try 25 pilots.

Your needle clip position will be a huge factor. Should be in position #2 (2nd one down from the top). My guess is that you are on #3. 290 seems a little lean to me up top...

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
zecow224 said:
no the plugs are a nice brown after about a mile and a half WOT.
Thats a pretty far distance to hold a sled wide open! Especially a 440! Your lucky your sled doesn't blow or over-heat.

But a nice cardboard brown is a good thing.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
IT was 10 degrees out, in about a foot and a half of snow on a lake by my cabin, bottom end was real boggy but righ around 6500 it took of.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts