Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was out riding last week and I had motor problems. The motor would idle for a minute then load up. This was not a big concern because it would clean up when you started off again. The big problem came when I would hold throttle at 3/4 for a while then it would feel like I have a fouled plug (not the case). Let up then it was fine. New plugs but no different. A day later it was now at 3/4 and full throttle or any speed that I would hold a while (1-2 minutes). It seemed like there was a stutter box or a rev limiter on. Anyone else had this problem?

·
Registered
586 Posts
dude, have you jetted it down or at least dropped the needles down in(raise clips)?I had some problems with my pro X fan burning out stators.It would run ok cold for a couple minutes, then stutter and stop building rpm's but still idle.
After I got the stator thing fixed, I had to raise the clips to the top groove on the needles.That's after the dealer (morons) told me they re-jetted it and that's the best it will run.It ran like smelly smokey loading up sh*t before I dropped the needles down.The dealer told me if the temp went below 15 degrees that I should drop the clips to raise the needles a notch or it would burn up.Hell thats just about the temp my sled starts to run good, and still not even close to being too lean.If your dealer hasn't set up and sold lots of racing machines, then they may be as inept as mine.OK, I'll stop ranting now.Let me know what the problem is when you figure it out.God, I LOVE those 600 Pro X's.I wish I had the dough to buy one of those.

when all else has been done and said, you best look out for Mr.Oysterhead!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts