Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got the Polaris racing 2002 high performance service manual.If anyone has a newer Pro X and needs some info, let me know.I think the 2001 XCF SP is pretty much the same too.

Dude, don't freak out.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
UMMMMM

*Cough

SCAN IT SCAN IT

2002 Arctic Cat ZR 800 EFI

founding member of the Arctic Cat Mind Control Team......you will believe!!​

·
Registered
589 Posts
UMMMM

*cough *cough

copyright

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hehe, screw copyrights,If they charge that much for a book, they deserve to be pirated.My girlfriend just got a scanner, but I don't know how to use it yet.yet.
The bummer is I bought it because I wanted to know about the new chaincase, It has some sort of adjuster going through the center of the cover that I've never seen before.It's not in the book.I have to try to contact polaris and see if they have a suppliment for it or something.It's wierd because they mention the new chaincase as one of the upgrades for 2002, and show one pic of it, then in the section with r&r of the case, it shows last years model. Go figure.

Dude, don't freak out.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I took my chaincase apart last weekend and that's just a center bolt for the cover.I'd never seen a stud with a slot on the tip going through the chaincase cover before and thought maybe it was some kind of cam-/accentric bearing adjuster or something.It's just a shoulder stud & has a rubberized washer that goes between the shoulder and the cover to prevent seepage.The factory also has a service bulletin out that says you should stake the pin for the chain tensioner roller in place with a chisel to prevent it from vibrating out.

when all else has been done and said, you best look out for Mr.Oysterhead!

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Originally posted by steve:

hehe, screw copyrights,If they charge that much for a book, they deserve to be pirated.[/quote]

exactly....how much did you have to pay for it anyhow? With all the trouble you had with your sled they should have given it to you!

2002 Arctic Cat ZR 800 EFI

1 - 6 of 6 Posts