Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Polaris ProX 600
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been digging around for a few days now, and it seems like I can't find a straight answer. I found some pointers, I guess? I'd like to add reverse to my sled. Back can't take moving it around anymore. I went on fleabay and found a 03 600 classic with the perc reverse CDI (# 2202323) and a NOS wiring harness listed to fit an 03 prox 600, and of course the button. Anything I'm missing? Can I swap out the CDI and wiring harness and have reverse? Is there a lot of differences between 02 and 03? I have never done this before. If there is a complete kit somewhere, I'd rather do that, but I can't seem to find one. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Can't help with parts but following. Please post your results. Good luck with the swap....reverse is a must!

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
11,671 Posts
Perc went full production in 2004, but kicked off on some models in 2003. Because of this, the 2003 models were largely setup for reverse, but it wasn't factory installed. On these models, it sounds like it's a simple electronics upgrade.

Unfortunately for your 2002, it doesn't have the reverse provisions of the 2003. Because of this, from the reading I was doing, it may be more involved than just the CDI and wiring harness. It sounds like you will need the components you mentioned (CDI, wiring, button), along with a new stator, flywheel, and Team secondary clutch (or a reverse cut helix if you already have a Team clutch). It sounded like a new oil pump and recoil were also highly recommended, but not necessarily required.

Of course, this is all 'it's on the internet, so it's gotta be true' information, so take it with a grain of salt, but this information seemed to be pretty common across the threads I read. I, personally, have no first hand experience with it.

Reactions: whitexc
1 - 3 of 3 Posts