Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just put my stock secondary on my 2002 xcsp700 last night. I have not ridden the sled with this clutch on it, I bought the sled after season last year, and installed perc w/ the new clutch. I just removed the PERC kit due to timing issues w/ the 02. When I put the stock clutch back on, I set the parking brake and turned the inner half of the clutch to open the secondary (this is what i remember doing on my xcr440, back in the day), but the clutch did not open. It turns backwards, but I remember my 440 opening. I can push in on it and get it to open, but it does not stay. Is this correct? It doesn't seem right to me. Leaving Friday morning for a weekend ride, just want to be sure I won't have problems.

· Registered
9 Posts
sounds about right. shouldnt stay open by itself. but your team secondary should work with or without reverse! just courious, di your perc kit come with a new oil pump? because I was under the impression that thje 02 oil pumps didnt work in reverse. might want to check to make sure u didnt ruin pump.

· Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
snojetman said:
sounds about right. shouldnt stay open by itself. but your team secondary should work with or without reverse! just courious, di your perc kit come with a new oil pump? because I was under the impression that thje 02 oil pumps didnt work in reverse. might want to check to make sure u didnt ruin pump.
Yeah, I know the other clutch would work, but I'd like to sell it w/ the PERC kit, so I want the other to work. Nope, no oil pump, the current is working, thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.