Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
You do understand that they are so cheap becuase there are a ton of problems with them. Everything is breaking and being updated with repair kits sent by AC. A lot of work and headaches to keep them going. For the non-pro racer and their mechanic it really sucks. 2 of my friends got them so I know.

Edited by - Sno-X-treme on January 05 2002 10:25:27 PM

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know that. I heard you say that before but still man. whatever I couldn't afford one anyway :(

·
Registered
246 Posts
I’m with Erick, I want a machine that’s reliable and the race rides just are not. With Artic Cat making all those changes we’ll see if they can stand up to the pounding.

Snowmachining is not a thing to do - its a way of life

·
Administrator
13,091 Posts
Take it easy on the race sleds. My sled is a race sled, 1998 XCR 440 SP, and i've had no problems with it, except for the brakes, but I'm thinking that can happen to a normal machine too.

Although I wouldn't want a more recent race sled, like a Pro-X 440, u have to run 110 octane fuel and stuff.

I want an XC 600 SP Edge X in blue.

http://www.bolliger-mabillard.com

I Love B&M Coasters.

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
I wouldn't mind a race sled, but not the first year of a complete redo. I like lots of power in a narrow power band, but that comes from racing MX.

I'd take a 600 pro-X

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I wouldn';t want a Pro X cause you have to mix gas. Wouldn't work when you ride like I do going 50 miles from base camp and refueling at stations along the trail. I would buy a SNoPro without a second thought. Not one of the new ones but older ones i would. Well I would think and look because never know how hard they may have been raced. A dealership I know had one for like $6k with very few miles was like 2k1. I wanted it bad but that was back when my dad was in the mind set that a fan cooled sled would do fine for me. Then my uncle pretty much yelled at him and told him there was no way in hell I would keep up like I do now on a fan cooled.

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
2001 sno pros are kinda easy to find right now. Gotta be real careful about difficult to see problems. Low miles means nothing, speedos are too easily disconnected. You need a 680 Sno Pro!! FAST FAST FAST FAST

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
680?? where do you get one of those? did cat make them? My dad's one friend had a D&D special SnoPro. Was a SNopro with a ZR 600 engine and a 720 bore kit. that thing SCREAMED. He sold it to some guy in Ohio and is riding a ZR 800 that he had D&D work over. He is a D&D prefered customer :)

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
I agree with Polaris-Man. I have the same machine as him and i think their surprisingly reliable. The motor is a jewel and i never have any engine trouble. They are just more finicky in the tuning department. But, when tuned well, i enjoy beating some 600's with a 440. Plus, since there build to take a pounding, it should hold up even longer than a trail sled.

It seems AC just needs to work out all the bugs. They seem to have rushed through the brutal testing phase in the design work. Plus, the task of keeping things undercover.

I agree with Sno-x-exrtreme too, it wouldn't hurt to wait a year or more to see how reliable the rest of models become.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts