Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to start the wifes 2002 550 fan supersport the handle and the whole rope just pulled right off. I was going to take it apart right then and there but didnt have time. Im going to look at it this weekend and was wondering if anyone had any tips or tricks to share to make this easier? Im just guessing but im betting its going to be a pain in the ass.

·
Registered
149 Posts
PolarisJagerbomb said:
I went to start the wifes 2002 550 fan supersport the handle and the whole rope just pulled right off. I was going to take it apart right then and there but didnt have time. Im going to look at it this weekend and was wondering if anyone had any tips or tricks to share to make this easier? Im just guessing but im betting its going to be a pain in the ass.
Its not that bad its quit easy...its a little frustraiting though when the spring unravels...

·
Registered
161 Posts
^^x2
very simple, but frustrating when the spring unwinds...be carefull of the spring flying everywhere...

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
dont take it apart. you can put a new rope in with the plastic still bolted in. all you do is get your new rope. with a cigerette lighter burn the ends and then roll it with your fingers to make a point out of it.

then with someone holding or if you use a clamp hold the recoil to the table.
wind the plastic spool 5 or so turns, then feed the rope through the hole in the plastic and out the houseing. put a knot in the end of the rope so it cant suck into the housing, then let the recoil pull the rope in, if it needs more tension simply pull the end of the rope into the housing, and hold it with your fingers while you give the spool another turn or two.

·
Registered
161 Posts
madcow said:
dont take it apart. you can put a new rope in with the plastic still bolted in. all you do is get your new rope. with a cigerette lighter burn the ends and then roll it with your fingers to make a point out of it.

then with someone holding or if you use a clamp hold the recoil to the table.
wind the plastic spool 5 or so turns, then feed the rope through the hole in the plastic and out the houseing. put a knot in the end of the rope so it cant suck into the housing, then let the recoil pull the rope in, if it needs more tension simply pull the end of the rope into the housing, and hold it with your fingers while you give the spool another turn or two.
nice tip madow, never thought of that...[thumb] [thumb] [thumb]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts