Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Presently own a 2002 thundercat 1000. Everything is stock except v-force reeds. I want more out of the big daddy T but want to keep the reliability and pump gas..nothing to radical. here is what i was told to do - D & D pipes into stock can, with some head planing,airbox, clutching and jetting. I plan on bringing it to Arnies Cat House in Ontario. I hear Arnie is the master on t-cats. Any thoughts or comments would be apprciated. I have taken out the s.s. suspension. It went on me last year. put some rebuilt zrt shocks into her but they kinda suck . Should I go with Fox Gas shocks all around. I plan on keeping this sled. Thank you all in advance.

· Registered
779 Posts
I've got PSI pipes and V-Force reeds on my 99...I run on pump gas and get 12mpg. Not sure how it's clutched but I can't say I have any complaints. Traction would be the biggest improvement, consider a 136" or 144" conversion. I've been tossing it around in the back of my mind for awhile now.

As for the shocks if you got the ACT's off the ZRT I think they are very close to a fox design but I don't recall.

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mustangnut6788 said:
I've got PSI pipes and V-Force reeds on my 99...I run on pump gas and get 12mpg. Not sure how it's clutched but I can't say I have any complaints. Traction would be the biggest improvement, consider a 136" or 144" conversion. I've been tossing it around in the back of my mind for awhile now.

As for the shocks if you got the ACT's off the ZRT I think they are very close to a fox design but I don't recall.
OK TY. nice sled. what kind of speed are you getting?

· Registered
779 Posts
I have never ran it anywhere to find out officially. As you know speedometer ends at 100mph and I was well past that.

· Registered
63 Posts
Mustangnut6788 said:
I have never ran it anywhere to find out officially. As you know speedometer ends at 100mph and I was well past that.
I have a 99 also, only the thundercat/mountaincat..and it buries it to that 100 mark quite fast...why the heck do they put the little 100 speedo on there, we know it goes much faster than that...lol Love that green on your tcat though looks sweet..i bought some green add ons for mine to knock down some of the black...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.