Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have an 02 550 Touring that I just did pistons and rings on. I have also cleaned the carbs twice, made sure the airbox was clean, replace the injector oil with new polaris blue. I took it out in middle nh last week,20-25 degrees, it ran ok for about 20 minutes and fowled plugs. Replced them and it took right off. The next day it did the same thing. I have the carbs apart again and found that the needle clip was on one and should be on two. I changed that and set the air adjuster to 1 1/2. The main jets are 300's and the book says 280 or 290, could this be my problem. Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
71 Posts
dmorgan said:
Hello, I have an 02 550 Touring that I just did pistons and rings on. I have also cleaned the carbs twice, made sure the airbox was clean, replace the injector oil with new polaris blue. I took it out in middle nh last week,20-25 degrees, it ran ok for about 20 minutes and fowled plugs. Replced them and it took right off. The next day it did the same thing. I have the carbs apart again and found that the needle clip was on one and should be on two. I changed that and set the air adjuster to 1 1/2. The main jets are 300's and the book says 280 or 290, could this be my problem. Any help is appreciated.
I would say that 300 is a little fat and the clip being in the lowest position would make it rich at 1/4-3/4 throttle. I would go to the 290's first and then work down, better fat than skinny, with carbs anyway.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts