Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
JUST BOUGHT A 2002 ZR800 EFI CCE WITH 1200 MILES . HAVE NOT OWNED A SLED IN 10 YEARS. CAN ANYONE TELL ME ABOUT THIS MODEL? THE GOOD AND THE BAD. AND ANYTHING I SHOULD DO OR NOT DO. MAINTENANCE ? TYPE OF OIL. THANKS

·
Registered
508 Posts
personally one of my favorite 02's. yours is mostly black in color right? i cant tell you much of them, because i rode one of a friends for a short while.. LOVED IT. looking for one myself! congrats and good luck!

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Sweet sled will handle like its on rails!! 800 will get you movin in no time! Still considered by some as the best cats ever made!

·
Registered
275 Posts
i have 02 600 CCE with 1500 miles on it by far the best sled i have ever owned handles awesome the ride is nice i put a 6 inc riser on mine gave me that extra 2 inc over the stock 4 inc i needed to stand straight up on it also got a D-n-D clutch kit with D-n-D dump box strong running sled gets me any where i want to go around my parts i think you will love it only wide spread problem i know of with those is fuel pump problems and problems with the smart valves sticking so if you ever hear a high pitched whining noise from the fuel tank and it starts falling on its face about 1 sec. after pining it wide open be prepared to spend up to 350 bucks on a new fuel pump i just got done fixing mine for fuel pump problems the smart valves fell off the pick up lines cheap fix but all around it is a damn good sled

·
Registered
191 Posts
For Arctic Cat efi models, they recommend only running synthetic oil. I purchase my oil from my Artic Cat dealership. I have an 02 ZR 600 efi cce. My sled has been maintenance free. The efi is great and starts on the first or second pull every time! Come spring time, I put in some fuel stabilizer (stabil or seafoam) and start it up every month or so. I love this efi sled and will never own anything different!

·
Registered
795 Posts
Make sure that your power valves are clean, i use cats apv synthetic oil and my valves are always good.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts