Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about getting a 2003-2005 Arctic Cat Sno-Pro 440 trail converted. I was wondering if they were a good sled or a bad sled. Was there any problems with them? Are they fast sleds? Would they do good up in the mountains? Do you have to re-jet a lot?

·
Registered
2,019 Posts

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
They are great! But the 04 and up are harder to convert! Plus the shocks are too stiff for most trail riders may need to revalve them to your liking! As for rejetting only as much as any carbed sled. Just jet it fat and it will be ok. It wont run the best when its warm but wont burn down when its cold if you dont want 2 mess with them. Racers rejet all the time because they need all the horse power they can get for compitition! For trail conversion youll need a bigger gas tank on 04 and up snopros, oil injection kit or pre mix yourself, trail heads for pump gas,and a heat exchanger kit for better cooling in low snow. I also suggest some inner idler wheels to keep down wear on the hyfax. As for durability the chassis is reinforced to take a better beating than trail sleds. I did it and love my 03!!!
[attachment=58866]

Attachments

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Could you just jet it for one temp. and you could run it in cold and warm weather?

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Hey have any of you guys/gals ever seen or have any info on those AC 600 race sleds. I saw them at a Sno x race today and they friggin rip. Just wondering if you could do anything with those for trail riding. I imagine that they have a better top end speed than the 440 but still good low end power. Any info would be great.

PS AC1 I am deffinaty not trying to jack your post, FYI, if you thought I was.

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
AC1 I heard that you should start out around 290-310

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Originally posted by SKILIE301
[br]Hey have any of you guys/gals ever seen or have any info on those AC 600 race sleds. I saw them at a Sno x race today and they friggin rip. Just wondering if you could do anything with those for trail riding. I imagine that they have a better top end speed than the 440 but still good low end power. Any info would be great.

PS AC1 I am deffinaty not trying to jack your post, FYI, if you thought I was.
Same process as 440! Make sure you change the heads for pump gas!!!

·
Registered
6,424 Posts
Originally posted by ArcticCat1
[br]Could you just jet it for one temp. and you could run it in cold and warm weather?
The answer is, yes. Just set it up like a trail sled. Trail cdi, trail heads ( Low COMP. heads )..

I'll see if Dan has an account on here.. If not, go to www.sledcrew.com/forum and talk to him about trail converting a 2004 SnoPro 440 for trail. He has 2 of them.

They can be great trail sleds, and someone on here actually makes a 10 gallon tank for them. Plus, the 04-05 have the sick raised seat and tunnel extension.

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
I was mostly wondering about the F5 oil injection on the 600, but i think that they have the same carbs as the 440's right?

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
[br]AC1 I heard that you should start out around 290-310
What do you mean?

·
Registered
6,424 Posts
I think he's talking about jetting. Like, mine are 240-280 in my 500.

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
I would go higher for all season use maybe 360s to be safe, in my 500 i use 310's for grass drags in 70degree weather per arctic cat race program specs.
My motor is very close to the 440, I run 370 or 380s in the winter.
03 f5 stock has 380s and i forgot what the 440 has for jets.
No problems with mine and it climbs great for a short track!!!

Heres a few pics of mine doing some hill climbs! They are bad pics that dont do the hill justice its much taller and steeper than it looks. Sno pro goes all over it no problem!
[attachment=58870][attachment=58871]
[attachment=58872]

Attachments

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
I think he's talking about jetting. Like, mine are 240-280 in my 500.

Yup. If you go to your dealer you should be able to get a jetting chart to decide on which one to use for your elevation. I wouldnt worry about changing jets for different temps unless you are racing. It will tell you what size jet you have if you take them out, the size is engraved into the bottom of them. It will only be 1 number not a range of numbers (ex 310 not 290-310, just one size) and they change size in increments of 10.

EDIT: quote

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Originally posted by Achotrod
[br]
I would go higher for all season use maybe 360s to be safe, in my 500 i use 310's for grass drags in 70degree weather per arctic cat race program specs.
My motor is very close to the 440, I run 370-380s in the winter.
So, if I bought a Sno-Pro 440 and put 360's in and thats all I would have to do and I could just go out and ride the sled? Would it do any engine damage?

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
[br]

Heres a few pics of mine doing some hill climbs! They are bad pics that dont do the hill justice its much taller and steeper than it looks. Sno pro goes all over it no problem!
[attachment=58870][attachment=58871][attachment=58872]
Is the track a 128" long.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Originally posted by ArcticCat1
[br]
[br]
My motor is very close to the 440, I run 370-380s in the winter.
So, if I bought a Sno-Pro 440 and put 360's in and thats all I would have to do and I could just go out and ride the sled?
NO!!!! Thats just for the carb jetting!!! You still need Heads for pump gas, reprogram the computer box, Get a rear heat exchanger kit, premix the gas or put an 02snopro or F5 oil injection system on it! More idler wheels will help wear on the hyfax/skid rails!

Ps. the oil tank from a firecat wont fit in the 04 and up snopros

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Track is 13.5x 128 starting at 1.5 inch lugs up to 2inches depending on which track used

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Dude if you are serious about this go to the link that I posted,it is your first reply. Read all 45 pages of it. It will tell you EVERYTHING that you need to know. If you still dont know, then ask questions... but not till after you read that link.

·
Registered
709 Posts
My buddy has an 03 and its an awesome sled to ride.. It isnt the most reliable thing out there but it rips pretty good for a 440

1 - 19 of 19 Posts