Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have a Arcticcat 600 and I was thinking about getting a F-7 does anybody have any ideas on if this is a good idea or not considering recals or anything or if you have ridden this sled could you let me know how it rode and also how fast they can go id really appreciate it thanx a bunch Cya!

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
I have never ridden one before but I am perty sure you would like that F-7 more than your ZL 600.

·
Registered
244 Posts
well my buddy has and 03 f7 efi and he says he hit 120 on it already so there pretty fast sleds. but all the recalls i'd wanna look into...

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
He probalbly didnt hit 120. not without some mods!

·
Super Moderator
11,650 Posts
I'd most certainly take an F7. Almost had an '03 F7 EFI last year, but some things fell through and it didn't happen. The one thing to make sure of, is that all the recalls have been done. With those corrected, it should be an alright sled.

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
It may not corner as flat but is more easy to flick around and we kill the zr in every catagorie!

·
Registered
284 Posts
Something to think about...If your thinking about insuring it... Being younger and having a liquid cooled 600+ cc sled it's going to cost you a fortune to insure!!

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
ya what he said

·
Registered
284 Posts
Originally posted by Achotrod
[br]Have your parents insure it!
He will prolly have to be on the sled ne way as far as insurance... When is comes to snowmoniles everyone that rides it has to be on it.. unlike cars, say where if he is on an old truck and wrecks his dad vette it's still covered.... If he wrecks the sled and it just his parents on it they wont cover it

·
Registered
734 Posts
How much is "a fortune" - how much does insurance for an F7 cost for someone younger? I'm 38 and full coverage on my sled costs $216 per year.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Originally posted by Ranger_Danger
[br]How much is "a fortune" - how much does insurance for an F7 cost for someone younger? I'm 38 and full coverage on my sled costs $216 per year.
me being 22 on a super sport 550 i was given prices between $470 a year and $1,200 a year... Im guessing for someone on a liquid cooled 700 cc being under 18 prolly $650ish to $1,200 a year...

·
Registered
615 Posts
im 25 and i pay $372.00 for a year of insurance on my 05 zr 900.
i wouldnt say it would be as high as 1,200 a year for him to be on it..depends on the insurance company though also..

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Originally posted by 06SS
[br]
[br]How much is "a fortune" - how much does insurance for an F7 cost for someone younger? I'm 38 and full coverage on my sled costs $216 per year.
me being 22 on a super sport 550 i was given prices between $470 a year and $1,200 a year... Im guessing for someone on a liquid cooled 700 cc being under 18 prolly $650ish to $1,200 a year...
Thats a load of crap if I've ever heard of some. For my sled I was quoted at $149 a year for full coverage and $66 a year for liability. And as you see I have a 2001 EDGE X 600. Since im in the process of buying a truck (and dont have any extra money) I'm only doing the liability.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Originally posted by edgex600rider
[br]
Originally posted by 06SS
[br]
Thats a load of crap if I've ever heard of some. For my sled I was quoted at $149 a year for full coverage and $66 a year for liability. And as you see I have a 2001 EDGE X 600. Since im in the process of buying a truck (and dont have any extra money) I'm only doing the liability.
wanna see my insurance bill?
Your in a different state and on a sled that 6 years older...
AND YOUR 15.. WHICH MEANS YOUR DADDY IS INSURING IT AND YOUR NOT ON IT... BECAUSE NOOOO INSURANCE COMPANY WOULD INSURE A 15 YEAR OLD FOR $149 A year, IF THEY WOULD EVEN INSURE A 15 YEAR OLD!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts