Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
pull start, electric start, REMOTE start....on the arctic cat trail sleds they are offering remote start, it is a standard option on the panteras, just got a brochure on the 2003's...and i have one word for the new firecats and their graphics pacakges...DAMN....those are some sweet lookin sleds....

Ready to Ride...NEED SNOW!!!!!!...if you have snow, i hate you...

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i guess i never really paid attention to it, i never really saw the ads out for it, in this brochure they got a pretty cool ad...oh well...the graphics on the Firecats are great, i love all of em!!

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
New sled season is my favorite time of the year

http://www.bolliger-mabillard.com

I Love B&M Coasters.

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Its definately exciting to see what they're going to come out with next. That remote start is pretty sweet. Love the idea of sitting in a warm house or camp and just pressing a button to warm my sled up outside!

1997 XLT SP 600

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
I think that remote start on a sled is the one of the stupidest ideas ever....the ultimate in lazyness.

2002 Arctic Cat ZR 800 EFI

founding member of the Arctic Cat Mind Control Team......you will believe!!​

·
Registered
268 Posts
Yea, i'd say that that remotes are for TV's and Cadillacs. Not Cats, it just takes the fun out of the sport. Snowmobiling is an adventure, a way for people to unplug, get away from everyday life, and to make it such an easy-going thing is a little out of place.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ride Snowmobiles; baseball, bowling, and golf require only ONE ball!!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i wouldnt want a remote start on my sled..i agree w/ paulxlt..remotes are for TV's and Cadillacs...some of those sleds are like Cadillacs tho..lol..new sled time is my favorite time of year too

Edited by - arctic-cat-guy on 14 Feb 2002 18:10:21

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
Why would you want remote starting on your sled. You do have to go out to ride it don't you? And no matter what you think it will not be any warmer of a ride if you start it a few minutes earlier.

Trees don't make the greatest brakes...

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Originally posted by arctic-cat-guy:

i wouldnt want a remote start on my sled..i agree w/ intended..remotes are for TV's and Cadillacs...some of those sleds are like Cadillacs tho..lol..new sled time is my favorite time of year too

Ready to Ride...NEED SNOW!!!!!!...if you have snow, i hate you...[/quote]
just to give credit where credit is due, paulxlt said remotes are for tv's and cadillacs.
i agree though, you shouldn't be on a sled if you're too lazy to go start it yourself. what else you gonna use it for, to impress the 'guys' at a tea party?

There's no stopping Arctic Cat........ REALLY!!

'99 XC SP 500

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
oops...ill have to go back and change that post....hehe...sorry paulxlt...

·
Registered
546 Posts
I'd like to know how well that remote would work on a cold day. Maybe they should add a choke and throttle button to it.

Loud Pipes Save Lives

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
that is exactly what i was thinkin flyin ryan......but most arctic cats are EFI nowadays, especially the trail sleds, i never have to give my BEFI any throttle when starting, and dont have to worry bout choke, thats what i figured out, it will have to be EFI to have the remot starter on it.

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
electric start alone is for weak peopleand people with back and shoulder problems. My dad had a 2 story side of a house fall on him in a construction accident once. Broke his leg and a bone or two in his back. Then he flipped an older Wildcat we had doing the speedo said about 100. Well that busted his shoulder bad. Combined he still has plenty of strength and still works but some certain motions are hard. He can';t pull back a hunting bow set so low that the arrow barely flys. And pulling a sled is very close to that motion. He can pull them over but I would understand fi he got ES.

Edited by - Sled_Dog on February 15 2002 05:32:29 AM

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Heh, heh.....jeeze, I really got slamed on this one didn't I?
Come on, its not that bad of an idea is it? Personally I kind of like "gadgets", thats why I thought the remote start was kind of cool. Yeah, its definately a lazy thing, no doubt about it. But I wouldn't go so far as to say if defeats the purpose of snowmobiling.

My thinking was that no one starts their sled on a cold morning and rips right off on it. You let it run for a couple of minutes to warm the engine up. I know, I know....its certaily unessicary (sp). And who ever said it; was right about it simply boiling down to being a status symbol: "Hey look, my sled has remote start". Hmmmm, now I almost sound like I'm talking myself out of the idea.

1997 XLT SP 600

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
I don't know why but when you said something about starting it and it just and something about ripping I just pictured hitting the button it starts and the sled suddenlly takes off into a field. THat woiuld be funny to see.

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
LOL! That WOULD be funny to see! Something like that on Americas Funnies Home Vidios would win the million dollars for sure!

1997 XLT SP 600

Edited by - Tfin70 on 15 Feb 2002 08:07:14

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
I saw a guy jumping a Phazer on there once. The dumb host said "someone forgot how to use the turbo button" I wanted to smack the bitch. Turbo button. Sure you have your boost controller but it is just dumb to say Turbo Button. Anyway he came at it fast hit it and flew. He just wanted to jump the road but cleared it by 20-30 feet and also cleared his landing ramp by that much. Landed on the tail of the sled and totally destroyed his suspension and tunnel.

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Yeah, Bob Saget is an idiot! (what ever his name is that hosts that show). I would of like to have seen that Phazer episode though. Totally trashed it hu?

1997 XLT SP 600

1 - 20 of 27 Posts