Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do I use gas that i buy from the gas station for my 03 pro x 440 our do add octane booster to it. I just bought it afew days ago and still waiting for it. So if any one can awnser this question please reply. Also some aftermarket part like pipe, silences, clutch kit, ect...

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
With the pump gas heads you run premium fuel from any gas station. As far as aftermarket parts go the 440's already come with a SLP ceramic pipe from the factory and you can't buy a can for them. These sleds pretty much are ready to rock from the factory. The only things that you can add that would make a difference would be Studs, a Clutch Kit, and maybe reeds. Either in 03 or 04 The 440's started to come with VForce reeds. So you may or may not already have them.

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
Yup. And if you still have the stock race gas head, there is no way octane booster is going to bring your gas up to 110. Run real race fuel.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks ya'll.... How bout breaking them in do? Do I pre mix the fuel more often. How bout the jetting cause where i am from it gets pertty cold here?

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
You should have to pre mix all the time, no oil injection on them.

You will have to jet for the temps with the 440. The ones I have rode get pretty finiky with 10+ degree temp changes.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What would be the best setting to put them on. It gets between -20c to -40c here during the months of dec to first part of feb.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Assuming you are at sealevel The polaris Pump gas jetting chart for a 2003 says -23 to -34 degrees celcius use 360 Jets and from -34 use 380's.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What would be the best oil for it to premix with? Should i us snythetic or premium oil?

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
if its your first take youve run it it do 32:1 and then add some more oil just to be sure and for the first little while check your plugs nonstop, just to be sure.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts