Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, after thinking for many nights, I decided not to get the '00 XC 500 SP. Well, from building polarisfiles.com I've been bitten by the bug again, and I want a new sled. But if I'm gonna get a new sled, it's gonna be a brand new sled. I called a dealer today for a price on a 2003 Pro X 600 cuz that's what I want. Dealer said 9700 dollars Canadian. I think my eyes popped out of my head. I knew it was gonna be expensive, but I didn't think that much.

He said it may come down a bit yet though, hopefully it does. I think reguardless this may be the one. I guess I'll have to see how our crop does first.

I'll keep everyone updated.

http://www.bolliger-mabillard.com

I love B&M Coasters!

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
Hey if you got the $'s go for it, it's a nice sled!!
But.....whats on the Pro X that isn't on the XC that you want.
Could you get a 2003 600 XC and put on the stuff you want?
eg: handle bars, seat, high perf. clutching.
Or is the Pro X chassis what you want?
Just a thought.

Live to ride, ride to live.

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
I think with all the stuff you would have to do to be = to a ProX600 you would spend a couple grand. The chassis on the ProX is lighter and built different so you would need a whole new chassis. Not to mention the clutching system which looks pricy for sure, and the bars and seat.
Can't forget suspension

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The pro X suspension is 10 lbs lighter than the Edge suspension, plus it has Ryde FX shocks (which the XC does too, but the rear track shock on the XC is a PPS, and this one is a Ryde FX with a clicker type thing on it to adjust damping) The Pro X chassis is shorter with a totally revamped front suspension so it handles WAY better. The secondary clutch on the Pro X is a roller clutch, which costs a lot more, the Phantom brake has dual pistons on the caliper so it's more touchy.

There are lots of differences, that's why the Pro X costs so much more. IMO it's worth it. We'll have to combine some crop first, see how that is doing then I'll make up my mind. I'll probably have to talk to the loans dude @ the bank too.

http://www.bolliger-mabillard.com

I love B&M Coasters!

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Jeez, I didn't know that they changed all that. Gotta make up my mind!

Probably gonna happen though, but I don't want to speak too soon.

I prefer the Ryde FX shocks over Walker Evans. Walker Evans don't have the IFP so they only work in one direction, and I've heard nasty things about them, except for the fact that they are light.

Ride the Best!

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Exactly, if you can afford it, snap it up! I'm sure once you took that sled for the first ride................you'd never look back.

1997 XLT SP 600
"Engage the Mechanism"

·
Registered
529 Posts
Unless it is to see the competition![/size=4]
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Originally posted by Tfin70:
Exactly, if you can afford it, snap it up! I'm sure once you took that sled for the first ride................you'd never look back.

1997 XLT SP 600
"Engage the Mechanism"
[/quote]

'00' 500 XC SP

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
why is it you prefer the ryde fx over the walker evans shocks? you can't really tell unless you've ridden the same sled with those two different types of shocks, right? did you ride a sled with walker evans? if so, i'm very jelous. last question- what do you mean they only work in one direction?

'99 XC SP 500
Fox shocks stickers- 15 hp
handlebar hooks/riser- 10 hp
red skid plate- 10 hp
red hyfax- 5 hp
running board/edge grips- 20 hp

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
There is no internal floating piston, therefore the shock rod always has to face up. I guess this is no big deal, but some ppl like to turn their shocks upside down for easy spring replacement. Plus Walker Evans don't have the clickers on them to my knowledge.

All I know about them is they are light, and to make them light they had to get rid of the IFP and clicking stuff. As far as I know anyway.

Ride the Best!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts