Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[}:)] My 2003 Pro X 800 is a $12,000 lemon! I bought it in November and it spends more time in the shop then it does on the trail. Anyone else having problems with their new Pro X??????[:(!]

·
Super Moderator
11,272 Posts
What kind of problems are u having??I havnt heard of any yet..

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi snogurl, I own a 2003 Pro X 600. Ive had nothin but problems with the engine from mile 1. Ive already had the carbs done, cdi box changed, temp sensor changed, AND i still cant put er to the bar. When I hammer it it just spits and sputters at around 6000rpm. But then again this is the only Pro X in my area with problems, so i just got a lemmon. Hopefully my dealer can figure it out. Good luck with your sled. Oh btw this is by far the strongest sled i have ever bought, Ive went through the hole season without bending my bulkhead.[^]

·
Registered
375 Posts
its a pro x, when you buy them, they are all out of tune and you have to tweak with them. cant just jump on them and go. thats what ive heard

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
You heard wrong.

I bought mine and haven't touched it with a wrench yet. I have cleaned my exhaust valves, and put oil and grease in it. I have been beating 2003 XC 800 SP's with it too.

My buddy's is the same way.

That sucks that you got lemons, I had mine over 100 MPH again on the river today, it has over 1100 miles on it now.

·
Registered
128 Posts
have your dealer check if your exhaust valves are oppening this is a problem that has come up before with this sled. if the valves dont open the ports are held in the low position and you have a trail machine lake racers use high ports for high revs what yours should do after 6 to 7 k rpm un less your mittens are getting stuffed up between the throttle and the bar! just joking! good luck![}:)]

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Man,that sucks.hopefully you will get it worked out soon.how is your dealer treating you,around here our dealers give out a loaner while your sled is being repaired,not like rideing your own sled,but it helps.

·
Registered
128 Posts
hay snogurl what province and what city are you close too just caught on that you are new here might be able to help dont know aah![?]

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well first of all we couldn't get any speed out of it at all, so we had to get the temp sensor changed & there was a recall on some other sensor. So now we're getting between 105-115 MPH out of it. On New Year's Eve the chain busted, since then the chaincase & inner workings have been changed twice. Then the jackshaft had to be replaced. Also the track! NOW the rear shock (RydeFX) has lost compression. I'm loosing patience! It's a beautiful machine to look and and rides like a dream...when it's not in the shop. I'm in Sioux Lookout Ont...but my dealership is an hour away. And no they don't provide loaners![xx(]

·
Registered
586 Posts
wow, thats crazy bad luck.My '03 pro x 600 has been flawless.like p-man, I never touched a thing and rode the hell out if it right out of the box for over 1100 miles on 2 sets of plugs.I cleaned the exhaust valves twice.I just jetted down 2 sizes and tried it out last night.This sled scared me before, now it's really quick.I might need to wear some depends undergarments while I'm riding cause it scares the piss out of me.
On the other hand, last year I got a pro x fan and it was nothing but problems from day one.The day I went to pick it up it broke down before we could even laod it up on the truck!That sled has been an ongoing saga of misery and sorrow, but it finally seems to be ironed out now that we tweaked the timing.I know how it feels to have a brand new sled that runs like junk and I feel sorry for you.Most of the problem with mine was caused by having the dealer work on it.Ask around and find a real good mechanic.the guy that figured mine out is the head mechanic for Guy Racing and I felt alot better about paying him than I would about giving polaris any more money for that sled.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Prox2003 Check the vent tubes going to the air box. I bet one of the tubes are broke, It happened on mine. Simple fix if they are un-hooked or broke.

·
Registered
637 Posts
A friend of mine has had problems w/ his '03 pro-X 600 as well.. Something w/ the ignition..? Not a big deal.. There was a recall or something..? I wouldn't be suprised if they did something w/ that airbox either.. So much wasted power, just to make it removable..

·
Registered
253 Posts
hey ? my buddy has the prox-700 nice sled no problems so far but , he is going to trade it in today for the pro-x 800 they are selling htem for 6600 at a dealership he is trading his and 400 dollars for the swap .I tried to talk him out of it but he wants the 800 you know the no replacment for displacment attatude . I have been hearing about all kinds of problems with the 800's so whats the scoop anyone else have problems with the 800's

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just an update on the Pro X 800...the problem with the rear shock (Ryde FX -Compressed Air) really wasn't a problem! Apparently this type of shock has to be re-charged every 1000 miiles or so (?), it has 1300 miles on it now...so time for a recharge!

·
Registered
38 Posts
i have the fox sensitive shock and have had alot of problems with it. the first time the dealer just checked it and added more pressure, next time they rebuilt it, 350 miles later it went again. just came from the dealer, they ordered a complete rebuild kit for it, which will take another week to get. It is covered on warranty, but it will be my fourth trip to the dealer which is 45 minutes away. They also changed my temperature sensor, antifreeze bottle, and snow flap.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
ive blown the ryde fx rear shock on my 03 sks
the way it was valved from the factory was for a soft ride and comfort not for aggresive
riding..mine only lasted like 1000 miles of hard aggressive riding and after it blew i got it revalved for the aggressive rider.
what a difference it made,alot firmer..after 600 miles of more agressive riding the shock is holding up very well..

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
well maybe there is somethin wrong with the 800s...because pman and steves are 600s,and they have had no problems.Just a thought though!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts