Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just purchased a 2003 Rev with 200 miles on it
I have always owned SKI DOO'S.I am very happy with them I have been told the 800 is a little under powered.I am interested in any feed back possable would like to improve power a little if true.

G

·
The new ski-doos have a chip in the computer that retards the timing until the engine is broken in. About 350 miles or so. It requires the engine to run a specific amount of time over a specific RPM. My 2002 was a dog until about 350 miles. I rejetted from 520 mains to 490's. Changed the clutch, "clickers" to a higher # and installed hallow pins on the weights. I took the "guts" out of the airbox. The air box has a noise baffle that really restricts airflow. I added a Dynoport muffler. This baby really screams now.

Dennis

G

·
Forgot to mention that we ride at about 8000-10000 feet. You may not want to rejet so much if you live in MN.

Dennis

G

·
Mine is a mountain sled. Summit 151" Maybe you meant to say how high does it go?

Higher than I want to most of the time. I couldn't say how fast it goes. Never had it on a level piece of ground that I could take the time to look at the speedometer. The hills around here seem to come up abruplty when you take your eye off them. I would say it goes faster than I want to drive it.

Dennis

1 - 5 of 5 Posts