Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently bought a 2003 ski doo rev 600. I’m trying to change all the fluids and can’t find a way to change the engine oil? My sled as a solid plate under the engine compartment. Any suggestions on changing the engine oil and draining the old gas. Previous owner said he took care of everything but want to make sure all fluids are changed.

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
Not really sure where to go with this one but....

Your sled has a 2 stroke engine, requiring oil to be mixed with the fuel to provide lubrication. This is done through an injection system, controlled by the oil pump, fed by a remote tank. The tank will be white and located somewhere under the hood of the machine. If you are looking to change this oil, the best thing to do is extract as much as you can without completely emptying the tank. What you don't want to do is introduce an air bubble into the system as this can be difficult to "bleed". If the previous owner took care of the sled and you plan to run the same oil then just top it off and go. Don't make things harder on yourself.

Draining the gas is about the same....pump/siphon as much of the old out as possible and top off with new. If you deem it necessary you could remove/clean the tank but that is worse case scenario. Good luck and welcome to the sport.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts