Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There's a mxzx 600ho for sale on cl for 3000 i talked to the guy and he said that the top end and shocks were rebuilt 1300 miles ago and the compression was 149 PTO and 150 MAG. Does this sound like a god deal because i think it is. Is there anything i should be concerned about with this sled as far as abnormally high wear on some items or anything like that. Here's a link to the ad

http://utica.craigslist.org/rvs/1923844453.html

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
I'd offer $2500 cash and see if he takes it, all the Doos are overpriced even though they are used. A grand more and you can buy a 600Fusion or IQ which is a better deal.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'd like to get a Polaris but i don't have 1000 more to spend with school coming i can't work any more so this is about the top of my budget range.

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Decent sleds, good shock package, the 600 ho only gets around 12-13 mpg on an average day but no better. If they were closer I'd probably one up. The one most important thing to check on a rev is the nun. If it's even tweaked it will lose a lot of value as they are a pita to replace. Check doo talk for how to check a nun.

·
Registered
584 Posts
myvertxcape said:
I'd offer $2500 cash and see if he takes it, all the Doos are overpriced even though they are used. A grand more and you can buy a 600Fusion or IQ which is a better deal.
My fusion 600 was 3500 last year and my dads 900 fusion was 3200 the year before that. My moms 05 xc was only 3000 the same year as the fusion 900. If you look there are better deals. The ski doos are way overpriced for what you get.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
could some one tell me how to check the nun i looked on do talk but couldn't find anything about it other than what it is.

·
Registered
3,776 Posts
rougepolaris said:
could some one tell me how to check the nun i looked on do talk but couldn't find anything about it other than what it is.
I think its pretty hard to describe on here. but its basically the metal frame the the motor sits in and stuff. it is attached to the tunnel

·
Registered
110 Posts
I would try to pick up that 440/800 if it was me. Thats a decent price and it would be way more fun to ride. It looks better than that other sled too.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i know what the nun is and where it is so will i clearly be able to see if its bent or are there and give aways i can look for. i don't have a need for the 800 because i ride with 550 fans and other 600.

·
Registered
863 Posts
if the nun is bent it will make one ski stick out past the other ski usually. not to sure if you know what i mean, but thats one way you can usually tell if the nun is tweaked.

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Great sled, somewhat decent price. I think its worth it.

To check the nun, there's tons of ways.
-Make sure steering post is straight up. Although it can be off due to a bent steering post, loose bolts, or even bent bars making it seem like a bent nun.
-Skis are aligned properly, and one, if not both is sitting sideways while bars are straight.
-Cracks around the A-arm mounts, or on that entire piece of metal where the a-arms mount.
-Under the exhaust pipe where the steering post sits check for cracks or rips.

http://www.dootalk.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=123425

http://www.dootalk.com/forums/uploads/monthly_12_2008/post-14914-1229659870.jpg ( shes holding a nun in this picture )

1 - 12 of 12 Posts