Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i found a 2004 on craigslist. i think its a great deal and i want it bad. what do you guys think?
http://nh.craigslist.org/rvs/1986595766.html

·
Registered
35 Posts
polarisman10 said:
i found a 2004 on craigslist. i think its a great deal and i want it bad. what do you guys think?
I have had a few of them. Sled should be pretty much like new with those miles. Check it out good. I have an '03 700 right now and it's great. It is one of my favorites. The 800's have had some issues with the valves and crank bearings, but with those miles (if it is clean as it should be), good compression, then I would probably buy it if you can agree on a price.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
tinner said:
polarisman10 said:
I have had a few of them. Sled should be pretty much like new with those miles. Check it out good. I have an '03 700 right now and it's great. It is one of my favorites. The 800's have had some issues with the valves and crank bearings, but with those miles (if it is clean as it should be), good compression, then I would probably buy it if you can agree on a price.
how bad of problems, serious crank baring problems and serious valve problems, or miner. and if it is true i can replace it right?

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Way overpriced......you can buy a nice IQ for that money.

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
Any crank problems are serious problems... Fortunately, the crank issues on the 800 twins can be resolved by a line bore and new bearing installed.

If you can talk the guy down to 3500 that's a helluva sled

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ugly_old_Poo_kid said:
Any crank problems are serious problems... Fortunately, the crank issues on the 800 twins can be resolved by a line bore and new bearing installed.

oh, thats a grand less. ill see what i can do. hes asking 4500, and says it is way above that with what a dealership will give him. is he stretching the truth?

polarisman10 said:
Ugly_old_Poo_kid said:

oh, thats a grand less. ill see what i can do. hes asking 4500, and says it is way above that with what a dealership will give him. is he stretching the truth?
and how much for the line bore and crank bearing +installation?

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
polarisman10 said:
Ugly_old_Poo_kid said:

The dealer is offering him $2500 for a sled that age... He's not stretching the truth, he's flat out BSing..

If the dealer was offering him more, he'd take it to the dealer...

NADA and KBB are only guidelines, and not very accurate for sleds.

Having teh bearing done is a couple hundred before it blows.. It's a grand plus after it blows.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts