Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my Pro-XR for 3 seasons now, and I have grown tired of the stock 440 and it's never ending battle to piss me off with jetting and carburation issues. Now I am looking at putting a 600 Liberty v.e.s out of a 2005 into it. The motor has 1148 miles on it. Only modifications are Boyesen Rage cages & SLP trail porting. I know the motor is mint because I bought it off my Father, he hit a stump under the snow this past season and sheared off the PTO side front suspension. I parted out the rest of the sled and kept the motor & shocks. So my question is, to people that have done this swap, or have ridden one, does the 600 push this chassis well? Or should I try stuffing a 700 or 800 into it? And how do I go about installing a 9 gallon fuel tank and oil injection? Where do I mount the oil resivoir bottle?

also, will a 15" wide track fit the same as the stock 14" wide track?

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
A 15" wide track will fit your Pro-XR skid with zero issues. Try finding a xcsp or Pro-X mounting bracket for the oil bottle, or just fab up one. I think you should take the 600, and make it a 660! it will pull harder than a 7 or 800.

·
Registered
591 Posts
a 600 will be plenty, the pipe will be the biggest issue, you will have to find a pro-x pipe to clear the shock tower brace. You should probably gear up as well if you plan on trail riding.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts