Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are the reliable? How are they on jumps? Here is the link. Let me know what you think........... http://burlington.craigslist.org/rvs/2081583721.html

·
Registered
758 Posts
Good sleds for ditch banging.But if the pull rope breaks you have to take out the motor to replace the pull rope I would know I had one and sold it to a buddy and that's what he had to do. The motors really very good runners. He gave me two jet skis for it. He ended up selling the sled for 3,000.

20104281202796_32286.jpg

That's what mine looked like.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Good pull and go motor on a rock solid chassis. Just be sure to watch the jetting on it, those 550 fanner's can get a little tempermental at higher temps.

·
Registered
55 Posts
04sabercat said:
Are the reliable? How are they on jumps? Here is the link. Let me know what you think........... http://burlington.craigslist.org/rvs/2081583721.html
I was looking at that sled myself it's a sharp looking sled[thumb]

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
It's a pretty cool looking sled. Being a Pro-X it will handle jumping just fine. I suspect you will be dissapointed with the lack of power though. I use to have a 550 SuperSport and it worked great for trail riding but the fun factor just wasn't there.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Polaris_Parts_MN said:
It's a pretty cool looking sled. Being a Pro-X it will handle jumping just fine. I suspect you will be dissapointed with the lack of power though. I use to have a 550 SuperSport and it worked great for trail riding but the fun factor just wasn't there.
I remember being on mine going on our lake track going 80 MPH on the gun and I though I was on top of the world.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Dragon700 said:
Polaris_Parts_MN said:
I remember being on mine going on our lake track going 80 MPH on the gun and I though I was on top of the world.
I hear ya, my first sled, 96 440 Sport, would top out at 67mph (speedo) and going that fast scared me sh*tless!

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Looks like a nice sled for a decent price. Just wondering whats limiting you too a fan cooled sled?

·
Registered
443 Posts
If i were you i would buy even if it is a fan cooled sled it would still be a nice sled to play around with on a cold day.

And 2 grand for a 04 pro x thats pretty good deal.

·
Registered
591 Posts
fun sleds, I had a 440 fan pro x, and it was a lot of fun when it ran right, the 550 was a much better motor than the 440.

·
Registered
718 Posts
fun sled at that yes. my bro had one too, top speed was about 100 mph. give or take a few. when it was new went wot to find out what it tops out at. kept climbing past 90 ran outta room. so i just figured that it goes atleast a 100. if you do buy it, keep an eye on your oil level by looking at the oil tank. the oil level float sticks sometimes. good luck!

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
sledcrusher said:
Looks like a nice sled for a decent price. Just wondering whats limiting you too a fan cooled sled?
Nothing is limiting me to a fan cooled sled........

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
motodeficient said:
I really don't think a fan cooled sled is going to hit 100. Especially a pro-x with low gearing and speed robbing suspension.
My thoughts exactly. Im saying 80-85 tops.

·
Registered
718 Posts
i seen with my two God given eyes. there was lil' snow and was on a river. was surprised by it's speed. if there was some snow, it probly would be around there.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts