Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked this up for $2300 in perfect running shape. Let me know what you think. The only performance changes that are going to be done as of now is a quieter can.

2004 Ski-Doo MXZx Rev 440 Chassis
2006 600 Mod motor - Ported and tuned by PCM out of Lee, NH
RKTek Head and low compression domes
Less aggressive timing curve
V-Force reeds
Oil injection
Currently has Pro Taper bars and a twist throttle but is a getting RSI Backcountry bars and a snowmobile throttle
2" bombardier track
Slydog skis

Definitely one fast 600

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
I like it, just find something and keep it though. Kind of what I want to do except I'd rather have an oem motor like a 600sdi. And on a 2scs movie I have it proved to me that a twist throttle is a bad idea.

·
Super Moderator
11,677 Posts
sledcrusher said:
Currently has Pro Taper bars ... but is a getting RSI Backcountry bars...
Just curious why you feel the need to switch bars? The ProTapers and RSI's are very similar from all the ones I've seen. I guess from my point of view, it seems pointless to spend the money on something that looks and works just the same as what you have.

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
Looks decent, I like the black and white combo. Are you planning to race this think next year or just hit jumps?

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Looks like a fun sled. You should do something about those red sliders and yellow springs though. Don't match that black and white scheme ya got goin to well. Was that the chasis you were riding this season with a transplant or a whole different animal?

·
Registered
104 Posts
sick sled man i cannot wait to get one like that, i'm either going iqr or rev witch ever one i find a better deal on lol

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Nice looking sled. Would you really want a 2 inch track on that tho?

·
Registered
118 Posts
why would you take your stock trail motor out and put a mod motor in with low comp heads and domes? That's a total waste of money you should have just piped the stock motor and ported it and had more reliable power than your detuned mod.

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
What is the point of low comp heads, and a lesser timing curve? I just was hoping somebody would explain to me what it does?
thanks

·
Registered
863 Posts
brain_child said:
why would you take your stock trail motor out and put a mod motor in with low comp heads and domes? That's a total waste of money you should have just piped the stock motor and ported it and had more reliable power than your detuned mod.
thaats a whole new sled. he bought it like that

tdgbigfoot said:
What is the point of low comp heads, and a lesser timing curve? I just was hoping somebody would explain to me what it does?
thanks
so that you can run it off pump gas, and wont be as expensive!

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
mxz440kid said:
brain_child said:

tdgbigfoot said:
thanks

Ok, so its just trail converted, i see

·
Registered
863 Posts
tdgbigfoot said:
mxz440kid said:
brain_child said:

tdgbigfoot said:
thanks

Ok, so its just trail converted, i see
ahha, i just noticed all of your sleds you own! holy!

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Empire087 said:
I like it, just find something and keep it though. Kind of what I want to do except I'd rather have an oem motor like a 600sdi. And on a 2scs movie I have it proved to me that a twist throttle is a bad idea.
The SDI would be nice if I planned on doing much ( if any ) trails. The fuel economy and reliability would also be nice, but the extra 15-20hp will definitely be fun.

Quinlan said:
sledcrusher said:
Currently has Pro Taper bars ... but is a getting RSI Backcountry bars...
Just curious why you feel the need to switch bars? The ProTapers and RSI's are very similar from all the ones I've seen. I guess from my point of view, it seems pointless to spend the money on something that looks and works just the same as what you have.
I bought the bars a while back ( the RSI ones ), and I figured I would rather a $75 set of bars on my sled that I paid for over a set of $60 bars. I dont like keeping anything the way it comes to me. The reason I originally bought them was to get rid of my straight bars on my 600.

driftpounder said:
Looks decent, I like the black and white combo. Are you planning to race this think next year or just hit jumps?
Both. Hopefully pretty soon me and my friend are going to log out a half acre of land ( his grandmothers ) and then stack up what we cut down then cover it in dirt and wood chips, then build a ramp coming up to it. Then we will find every non-isoc race within 6 hours of us and go race them.

mackinsaw said:
Looks like a fun sled. You should do something about those red sliders and yellow springs though. Don't match that black and white scheme ya got goin to well. Was that the chasis you were riding this season with a transplant or a whole different animal?
Whole different sled. And yes, I am getting rid of the yellow springs, but no good enough deals have come up yet. As for the sliders, they are brand new so I'm not to worried about getting rid of them, even if they do offset the color a tad.

tdgbigfoot said:
Nice looking sled. Would you really want a 2 inch track on that tho?
Hell no. I think Im going to ditch it and go with a 1.75"

Mad-Boondocker said:
good buy I would keep the protapers on there though. what happened to that 440 that u pocked a while back?
Which 440? The IQ? The guy disappeared. Phone was disconnected and no longer replied to emails so I didnt bother with him.

--------

Need a quieter can. Makes most of its noise above 7000rpms, and heres up to 6200 rpms.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPWklaR1hAI

·
Registered
511 Posts
Looks good man. I personally love the RSI Backcountry bars (so I say good choice). For a throttle block you could just get an XP one from Doo. Cost me $11 CAD for the throttle block from a Doo dealer here I believe. Then you can also get a throttle lever from them or get a used one to go with it. The XP block will accept the REV or XP lever.

And I would give the sled a try with the 2" track first - you might get hooked on it. I'm hooked on my 2" track now. This year I only had one powder ride and the rest was hard packed trail riding. Never ripped a lug off in nearly 600km, and never had any overheating issues either. The 2" grips well on the trails, as well as performing great in the pow. Then, after you've tried it a bit, decide if you want to go lower. You can always take an evening and cut the track down to a 1.75" if you decide that's the way you want to go.

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
MuscleD said:
nice sled. i like the sounds but thats just me. and if i had some rsi bars id use them too.
I love how it sounds to, but, pissing off the neighbors and game warden is no fun.

Blecter said:
Looks good man. I personally love the RSI Backcountry bars (so I say good choice). For a throttle block you could just get an XP one from Doo. Cost me $11 CAD for the throttle block from a Doo dealer here I believe. Then you can also get a throttle lever from them or get a used one to go with it. The XP block will accept the REV or XP lever.

And I would give the sled a try with the 2" track first - you might get hooked on it. I'm hooked on my 2" track now. This year I only had one powder ride and the rest was hard packed trail riding. Never ripped a lug off in nearly 600km, and never had any overheating issues either. The 2" grips well on the trails, as well as performing great in the pow. Then, after you've tried it a bit, decide if you want to go lower. You can always take an evening and cut the track down to a 1.75" if you decide that's the way you want to go.
I will keep it 2" unless I find a great deal on a 1.75".

As for the throttle block, I'll look into it and let you know what route I end up going.

EDIT: Just took a look. The two pieces of the throttle block are $12.69 ( for both ), and the lever is $46.57. I'll call up Als Snowmobile and order one.

My grips are on the way as well. Went with snow camo rsi gel wrap grips.

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Cant edit my post so I'll make another.

Here's what the sled looks like now. Took me 2 hours yesterday, and another 2 hours today to completely finish, and here's what the outcome was:

( misplaced my camera, so I took one with my cell )

201042618152242_27886.jpg

Some white shock springs, and a black/white RSI bar pad is in order. Need to get my throttle block and lever first though. More important things before cosmetics. Then once its done, look out round pond!

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
looks good. what happened to the 500SS? are you goona pull the 440 stickwea off? if so it will look cooler, but with them, it would be fun to race people as its a 440 and smoke them

1 - 20 of 109 Posts