Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lots of REV!

http://www.maximumsled.com/absolutenm/templates/articles_layout.asp?articleid=228&zoneid=1

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
At least they got rid of that fugly plate thing over the back of the track.......

·
Administrator
13,095 Posts
LMAO

Nice lineup... People complain about Polaris over-using the Edge chassis.

I still think these REV's are the ugliest things to ever hit the snow. This is not a Ski-Doo bash, I am just saying I personally dislike their apperance. I also can't stand the riding position. I used to say if I couldn't have a Polaris, I would purchase a Ski-doo, that has now changed to if I can't have a Polaris I want an Arctic Cat.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I thought they were ugly at first, but then I actually saw one up close and my mind changed really fast. Ski-doo is doing almost the same as AC. Their lineup is full of the Firecat typa sleds. Yet they still have some originals in there. I also have to admit. I don't want the EDGE look to change. At least one mfg. has to have a down to Earth look. The newer sleds from everyone else look like some aliens came down and gave us ideas.[:p]
Originally posted by Polaris-Man
[br]LMAO

Nice lineup... People complain about Polaris over-using the Edge chassis.

I still think these REV's are the ugliest things to ever hit the snow. This is not a Ski-Doo bash, I am just saying I personally dislike their apperance. I also can't stand the riding position. I used to say if I couldn't have a Polaris, I would purchase a Ski-doo, that has now changed to if I can't have a Polaris I want an Arctic Cat.

·
Registered
375 Posts
what weird looking thing in the back. i personally love the revs the way you ride and everything. people think that there just for ditchbangers, but there not. ive seen alot of older people riding them in the upper pennisula

·
Registered
59 Posts
I talked to two "older" guys in the UP this Weds/Thurs driving Revs. They both said that they have bad backs and that the Rev is the best thing for them. The sitting position makes them sit in a position that is actually better on there back than any other sled that they have ridden.

Mark

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
all I can say now is that if i want a 2004 sled its gonna have to be polaris.....the way these new sleds are lookin.....maybe a 2003 MX Z..

·
Administrator
13,095 Posts
Originally posted by mxz583dude
[br]I thought they were ugly at first, but then I actually saw one up close and my mind changed really fast.
I've been waiting for someone to say something along these lines.

I have seen one up close, and I took a picture just so I could retort to a comment such as the one u made. I sat on it, most uncomfortable riding position ever. It's designed for someone who is short. I wouldn't be able to stand up after putting 200 miles on a sled like that.

I still think they are the ugliest thing on the snow. EVER.

·
Registered
277 Posts
The REV may be great on the trails, but dam that is one butt ugly design. Too narrow in front, too high looking overall, and it looks like someone rammed the thing in the ass and pushed it up and forward! A couple friends have them and when we had a cold spell, they froze their butts off riding the lake. The wind protection sucks unless you get the super high dorky looking windshield. No thanks Doo Doo. I'll stick to Polaris, even Cat if I had to.

·
Super Moderator
11,279 Posts
I like the old ski-doo better,like the mxz and so on..The rav looks like sumpting from the moon..

·
Registered
143 Posts
i used to love ski-doo, after seeing that lineup i think im going to hurl, and whatsup with that elite concept thing......they should have kept at least one pakage of mxz with the zx chassi.

·
Registered
358 Posts
I don't get it...Why make all the sleds look the same? what is the point? The only sled that doesn't look like a rev is the legend...I mean make a variety of different sleds, not just one and repeat it over and over and just put different colors and motors in them. JMO.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
i dont think iv ever seen an uglyer sled in my life.they say on the commercals theres nothing like it. no wonder no other companys stupid enough to make such an ugly sled with an unconfortable riding stance. i rode a blair morgain edition it was a 800. it worked great. but after 4 hours of rippin around my legs were gone!!. also iv heard theres alot of troubles with them, neone ales heard this?

·
Registered
125 Posts
I havn't heard much to complain about them. I was talking to about 6 guys all on revs and they love them, they are really hot around here. Funny thing is, the reason I was talking to them is their buddy (only one not on a doo) sled caught on fire on the trail, totaly burnt to nothing. They had to get the bush fire truck to come put it out. But anyways, I think their cool, and in the bumps and rough stuff, im not sure what else would be a better choice. Its not for everyone, just like every other sled.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
i just think that now since ski-doo made everyone on the REV chassis that sales r gonna go down for them. It was great when it first came out...yea,wow better ridin position, it doesnt make much differnce to me beccasue i am satnding the majority of the time. Now though the design has worn of...and yes they do look but ugly, escpecially the gsx or whatever its called!

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Well, I've made my decision for 04' and its a REV 800HO all the way. I think they rock! There's no doubt about it, they're not for everyone. Its seems like there's no middle ground, either you love em, or you hate em.

Of course everyone's entitled to their own opinions, but I know of several tall guys that own REVs and say they fit them like a glove. So they're not designed for short people. As for being narrow in the front, yes the nose is more narrow, but the ski stance (what's most important for stability) sure isn't. It's 47 inches, which I believe is one of the widest stances out there.

I believe the reason SD put so many models on the REV platform is because of its outstanding handleing characteristics. They're really betting the farm that this is the way to go. We can all speculate on whether or not we think this is correct or not, but the only way to know for sure is the number of sales they recieve come the end of Feb 04'.

Mine will certainly be one of em'. [;)]

1 - 20 of 29 Posts