Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Returning to the sport after an 8 year absence and have purchased an 04 Switchback 600. Am in my mid 50's and live in eastern Manitoba. Last sled was a '99 MXZ 600 with a couple slight mods. Used to have a 500SKS in the 90's. Any suggestions, ideas, or thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Tom

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
Enjoy the sled you have, it is head-n-shoulders above what you previously owned..

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Welcome there fellow toban. Where abouts do you live? I have a 700 04switchback. Awsome sleds, bridge bumps great and ride fantastic. I would recommend that you install a holztman aatac. Omce installed and setup right it does the jetting for you. Leavimg you free to just ride and enjoy a smooth running motor with better fuel mileage. There are a few more things you can do so if you have specific ? Just pm and i can help you out.

Cheers

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
JONESIE said:
Welcome there fellow toban. Where abouts do you live? I have a 700 04switchback. Awsome sleds, bridge bumps great and ride fantastic. I would recommend that you install a holztman aatac. Omce installed and setup right it does the jetting for you. Leavimg you free to just ride and enjoy a smooth running motor with better fuel mileage. There are a few more things you can do so if you have specific ? Just pm and i can help you out.

Cheers
Thanks Jonesie
Out in Oakbank. Had the tempaflow on my MXZ. Enjoyed the consistency of how the sled performed with changes in weather. Is the aatac the same as the tempaflow but automatic for elevation? Never got into clutching. One of my sons is in the garage right now doing some clutching on his '03 MXZ 600. Appreciate the offer of help and may take you up on that if I decide to put in a tempaflow or do some cluching in the future.

Have a great one

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
JONESIE said:

Cheers
I can hear these tips already, "The trick is to spray the nitrous into the turbo!" [beatup]

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Lol no no tips like that.... For now anyway. Yes the aatac is the same except does altitude aswell. Tempflow wprk aswell, just prefer the aatac is all. Clutching is easy and in your case if your not trying to go to crazy then weights and springs is all you need to focus on.

Again just pm if you ever have questions.

Cheers

1 - 6 of 6 Posts