Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey! i was looking to upgrade sleds over the summer and was looking into a 2005/06 polaris iqr 600 trail converted race sled. does anybody have experience with one of these sleds? r they decent for alittle trail riding and ditchbanging? any help/suggestions would be great! thanks!

· Registered
1,405 Posts
most race sleds would be great for ditch banging, but the IQR should be unreal....

· Super Moderator
11,386 Posts
Polaris_Special said:
Hey! i was looking to upgrade sleds over the summer and was looking into a 2005/06 polaris iqr 600 trail converted race sled. does anybody have experience with one of these sleds? r they decent for alittle trail riding and ditchbanging? any help/suggestions would be great! thanks!
They are very good for ditch riding. I would recommend riding one before buying one though because they are not for everyone. They steer hard do to the increased ski pressure they have and on cold days they are not built to keep you warm. I would recommend getting a 2006 or newer with all the updates,the 05s had a few issues but nothing that cant be resolved.

· Registered
860 Posts
great ditch banging sled. make sure if you go look at a few to look them over well because they tend to get beat up.

· Registered
889 Posts
I ditchbang my 06 IQR 600 and I love it, didnt get much seat time on it this year but when I do its a blast. Definatly take a look at the link posted above from akracing. That is a great website and Tom is an IQR genious. Good luck with your decision!

Chad

· Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
polarisIQmn said:
I ditchbang my 06 IQR 600 and I love it, didnt get much seat time on it this year but when I do its a blast. Definatly take a look at the link posted above from akracing. That is a great website and Tom is an IQR genious. Good luck with your decision!

Chad
how does yours do on gas?

Polarisindy400 said:
http://www.akracing.com/ will tell you everything you need to know bout iqrs
[/quott

Thanks! that website was really helpful!

· Registered
7 Posts
Polaris_Special said:
i have a 440 trail converted and i love it i use it for exactly what your describing the most i ride the trails is to get to fun spots

· Registered
1,280 Posts
I understand that but i was wondering if the 440 would get like 15 mpg or so cause that would be ideal for me and do they have fuel gages or no because i could probably just snaggle a gas cap of off my dif sled cause that would just give me a new guestament.

· Registered
889 Posts
Not good on gas. and with these IQRs the tanks are small! The polais tank claims 8.8 gallons, but I dont think it is that big. TrailTank is finally making one that is 10 gallons. Like Darin said above, never drive by a station without filling up. My advise is devise a rack on the tunnel to carry @ least 2 extra gallons because you will be the first guy to run out for sure.

Chad

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.