Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

I got my 05' XCSP in March of this year and have not ridden the sled yet. Any suggestions on a good suspension set up for a 200lb rider? It has the edge suspension with the Fox shock in the rear with Ryde FX in the front.

Probably do some ditch riding here in IA and trails up in the UP.

Just curious on the front shock setting and rear skid adjustment!

Thanks in advance...[thumb]

·
Registered
848 Posts
Nice looking sled. I think you are to adjust the back with 4" sag from the bumper, but you may want to make it a little stiffer if your going to be ditch riding. The rear skid adjustment is pretty user-friendly too. The front is kind of more trial and error.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
On the front torque arm shock, move the shock to the lower mounting hole. Loosen the coil spring until it is just holding the collar in place. Then tighten 1-1 1/2 turns. The rear start with it as soft as it will go and stiffen as needed. A buddy with an 02 hes his set-up with 1 1/2 turns on the front torque arm shock in the lower hole and the middle position for the rear springs. I don't remember how we set up the FRSS & RRSS blocks. We also started with the front shocks very soft and went up from there.

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
My advice is start at minimum pre-load on all springs, then adjust up as needed. Start with the FRSS and RRSS in the stock position, rear scissor in the middle, torsion rollers in the middle, limiter straps all the way out, and go from there. Adjust one thing at a time, so you don't confuse yourself. Many people will start off by adjusting the torsion springs way up, or adjusting the ski springs way up. You will be surprised at how well the EDGE handles with low spring pre-loads. At 200 lbs, you likely will end up with a little more pre-load on the torsion springs and the front track spring, but take the tuning steps to get there, rather than just assuming you need higher pre-loads. Also, the shock valving has to match the springs, and your riding style. The stock valving with a fresh rebuild should be pretty close for a 200-lb rider.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the info!

I will have to take a look at where everything it set up. Just got our first real dusting of snow yesterday. I think winter is finally here!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts