Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i heard that 2005 fusion 900s had real bad reveiws? are most of them bad or good ? ....is the 2005 anniversery different for the regualr ones in 2005 or are they better?

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
Depends on who you ask. Some guys love them others hate them. Biggest issue is getting the clutches to work together. You need to run steep angles(helix)and heavy weights 72-76g with the 900.
Biggest issue was the engine moving around and snapping belts. If it has the slp torque links on them I see no issues. The guy I got my pro x from has one and loves it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Not much differnce between the regular and anniversary edition expect the shocks and the coloring. I just picked up regular '05 and was a little worried by all the bad reviews and have put on over 300miles so far and love it. I had an XC700 before I don't think there's much of a difference with the vibration which is an issue everyone talks about. And I was told with the new updated belt you shouldn't be blowing belts-make sure you get one thrown in as part of the deal, there like $150.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I love mine! Change the skis to something aftermarket, make sure all the updates are done, get a tour buddy (or a bigger tank, the Dragon tanks are bigger, but I don't know if they'll fit. My guy wants $400 or so Cdn). I get similar mileage to an XC600/700 that I've ridden with but not the range because of the tank size. I've heard good things about the SLP stuff for these sleds. Mine's getting put on right now. I haven't heard of anyone having problems once all the updates have been done.

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
goes to show the 900's arnt as bad as most people say they are. now this site is getting more 900 owners and maybe just maybe the nay sayers will start to realize the machines are worth a second look.

I have the 900 rmk. no problems, love the sled.

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
I have seen recalled numbers of 120 mph.

·
Registered
945 Posts
This will be my third season riding the 05 fusion. I still love it and have had zero problems with it, not even a belt.

I geared it down and put a timbersled intake on it and eventually a clutch kit and C & A razors.

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
Just look at the FACTS. Every review done stated they vibrated terrible.
There is a reason they aren't made anymore.
More and more owners just means more bias opinions.
Would you admit you bought a POS??

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Originally posted by ACEXLT
[br]Just look at the FACTS. Every review done stated they vibrated terrible.
There is a reason they aren't made anymore.
More and more owners just means more bias opinions.
Would you admit you bought a POS??
you bet I would. I used to own a 95 yamaha v-max 600. it was a POS. havent you heard the M8 and M1000 vibrate just as bad as the poo 900. so are they all going to fall apart?

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Ace.. you seem like a nice enough guy... but that being said.. you should be banned from replying to a 900 polaris thread... you have nothing constructive to say and can't even back up your statements with actual experience or knowledge of the subject.... you probably never rode one.. or even sat on one for that matter... you are so easily influenced by what other people say that I'm surprised you can function on your own.

So lets look at some actual "Facts".

Polaris never dropped the 900 it just isn't offered yet for '07 because of a mount failure.. nothing on engine problems. The '05 Switchback 900 demo sled at my dealer vibrates LESS at idle than my '05 XCSP 700.. a tad more from 1700 to 2100 rpm and then no vibration at all and thats a side by side comparison with both sleds running and with multiple peoples observation. The clutching setup is crap in stock form but a simple change makes it work extremely well... this is the same for a lot of sleds out there from all manufacturers.

Those are FACTS that I'VE experienced first hand... not by what someone else has told me. I don't own a 900 so I'm not biased toward it so please Ace.. until you come up with some original first hand experience... these threads don't need your type of comments. This is just my opinion take it as that.

·
Registered
353 Posts
I dont see why everybody is complaining about the vibration. My dad's 02 edge 800 would vibrate pretty bad. Now he just bought a 06 switchback 900. His new 900 also vibrates LESS then his XC 800 does. So I agree with you 100% PolarisEdge. When something is putting out that much HP then it is going to vibrate. My dad loves his 900 and there is no way he would ever get rid of it.

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
^^^^^ BS!! Triples that put out more horsepower don't vibrate!!

I don't need 1st hand experience, all I have to do is go by the FACTS that are out there!
I did ride one and the vibration was god awful!!

You guys believe this mount thing.....LOL!

The fact of the matter is that it is the motor that is the problem not the mounts.
They can't make a mount that keeps this rattlebox from vibrating.

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
[br]^^^^^ BS!! Triples that put out more horsepower don't vibrate!!

I don't need 1st hand experience, all I have to do is go by the FACTS that are out there!

The fact of the matter is that it is the motor that is the problem not the mounts.
so why do other manufactures make mounts that control the vibration. like I have said the new M sleds vibrate just as much. big bore twins are going to be like that. like it or not you either stay with your dinosaur farm sled or live the vibes. and calling bs on the fact that polarisrider has the facts with owning both sleds, but you come up with bs and you have never ridden a sled. And you say stick with the facts. lol but now you say you have ridden a 900. boy last time the vibes discussion was up you haven't ridden one. whats the truth ACE. your asking us to admit to a pos sled. boy it seems like more and more people are admitting to liking them.

I think the real question is can you admit to liking the sled???????

All hail the might triple....

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
[br]^^^^^ BS!! Triples that put out more horsepower don't vibrate!!

Triples vibrate less becuase they have 3 pistons per revolution. That's one every 120 degrees. It's 1 piston at BDC and the other two are inbetween - so you only feel the small vibration of the smaller rotating mass piston. And you're talking about 2 HUGE pistons thumping back and forth. Do you think a rotary engine doesn't vibrate becuase of the mounts? No, it's because it's a reciprocating rotor in orbit - nothing really moves back and forth as in a standard piston engine. Maybe the Cat and Doo stuff doesn't seem to vibrate as much because they have different mounts. But the engine itself, as a BB twin is going to shudder and vibrate. That's a lot of mass to be throwing back and forth. With your logic a one-lunger 800 CC engine shouldn't vibrate. Ya, right. That would thump you more than a vibrating bed.

No i've never ridden any of the sleds mentioned, but using common sense it's not hard to realize why a BB twin would vibrate.

Bryan

1 - 15 of 15 Posts