Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to make sure I got all the zerks for the steering under the hood.

I got the one at the top of the steering shaft and the lower one.....(which was a REAl challenge)

Did I miss any other zerks under the hood for the steering?

I got the jackshaft and angle drive as well.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Don't know if there are any more in the steering, but there should be a couple on your ski spindles, and don't forget the skid.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
your owners manuel outlines ALL grease zerks. IF you dont have one, buy one from ebay for like $5

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah i was looking at the owners manual.

The part outlining the front steering was a little confusing....

Yeah I got the front spindles and bushings. Just reassembled the skid so that is ready to roll!

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
^LOL....how the heck did you get the one at the bottom of the steering post? I broke that bracket once on my old pro-x and actually replaced it without taking the motor out or anything. I was getting about a 16th of a turn at a time (in between wrench drops LOL).

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Very carefully...haha

I pulled the carbs off and was able to wiggle the grease gun in there...[beatup]

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
427cobra said:
Very carefully...haha

I pulled the carbs off and was able to wiggle the grease gun in there...[beatup]
Yes the bottom one is a real pain. I hand to put the stiff grease tube back on the gun and push it on after removing the carbs. Couldn't do it with the flex hose on the grease gun

1 - 7 of 7 Posts