Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a person bringing a 05 REV to me this Sunday, i was wondering if there are any recalls or other problems i should be careful to check out? I read up on it, so i've heard about the great gas mileage/oil consumption. This one just had a new top end put on, and has a nice studded 1.25 Ripsaw track with studs. Does this sled have a 136, or the 121?

Thanks for your input. Want to double check with the pros before i go waddling upstream!
[thumb]

·
Registered
207 Posts
Make sure that the battery is fully charged. My friend has an 06 600 sdi and was having trouble starting it because the battery was low. It took alot of pulls to put enough charge on the battery to power the mpem up enough to get it to fire. He loves it other than that.

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
I have an '05 Renegade 600 HO-SDI.
Lots of power for a 600 twin!
Very happy with this sled. I got rid of the stock skis and put Some C&A Outlaws on it. Put 162 Woodys Megabite studs down the center. The only other performance related thing I may do to it is upgrade to the X-package shocks, and put a can on?!

·
Registered
848 Posts
If it is the renegade then it is not 121. Good sled though either way.

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sweet.
I have a question, what is the HO SDI? I thought those were two different types of engines?

Dragon700 said:
The only thing that comes to mind, is you are one lucky SOB.
[thumb]

·
Registered
848 Posts
Isnt the HO just the carbed one? The SDI is EFI, semi direct injection or something. I think the HO more of a marketing strategy for the performance sleds. My sled for example has the HO CFI, and polaris also sells the carbed version under simply the HO name.

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thats what i thought, that the SDI was EFI basically, and the HO was carbed. But some sleds are called HO SDI's, so how does that work?

·
Registered
848 Posts
Its the same only fuel injected. They wouldn't want their carb to be named 'High Output' and the fuelie to be just SDI/EFI, it wouldnt sell as well and in some cases the EFI's will put out more HP. Also if they called it the HO Carb or something, then people may not like it as much as there is a misconception out there that carb is inefficient and out-dated.

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks, that was helpful, and solved my dilema!

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
Bames said:
Its the same only fuel injected. They wouldn't want their carb to be named 'High Output' and the fuelie to be just SDI/EFI, it wouldnt sell as well and in some cases the EFI's will put out more HP. Also if they called it the HO Carb or something, then people may not like it as much as there is a misconception out there that carb is inefficient and out-dated.
Yes,... High Output - Semi Direct Injection ("HO-SDI")

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
No main issues with this sled?
I am actually having a hard time finding some pictures of one. The few i do find are yellow, the one i am talking about is red and black.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts