Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when I tip my sled on it's side... then i fall off, by the time i run back to my sled.. it boggs down and shuts down. Then it will not re-start and when i look at the spark plugs, they are fouled and covered in oil. Why and what can i do to fix it???

·
Registered
4,299 Posts
When the sled tips over the carbs flood, don't try this at home but if you take your carbs off and turn them upside down you'll have all sorts of fuel leaking out. This then floods the engine which is why its hard to start. You just need to turn it over a few times and work the excess fuel out of the engine.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Will do.. i pulled it a lot yesterday when i did it and nothing happened... i swapped spark plugs and it fired right up..
Also My sled has play in the steering. What can i do to tighten it up?? it is not from the handle bars, seems like it is lowed down in the sled.

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
Tighten bolts, change worn parts in steering. Which sled? Change pilots down a couple sizes.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Most likely the loose steering play is coming form worn tie rod ends- the things that look like eyeball sockets. They connect all the steering linkage together.

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Polaris_Parts_MN said:
Most likely the loose steering play is coming form worn tie rod ends- the things that look like eyeball sockets. They connect all the steering linkage together.
Exacty, this happens in almost all sleds after 1o years or so. You can usually tighten them, if not then just replace.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
perfect..thanks for the info...it is a polaris RMK 151 2004... to replace the tie rod ends,,,what is the best way?? from under or from top?? remove exhaust or what?? Im pretty new to Sleds.. thanks for the help

·
Registered
918 Posts
snowmaniac153 said:
perfect..thanks for the info...it is a polaris RMK 151 2004... to replace the tie rod ends,,,what is the best way?? from under or from top?? remove exhaust or what?? Im pretty new to Sleds.. thanks for the help
You have to take the pipe off which is 6 springs and then depending on if its a big block or a small block you chould be able to get some tools down infront of the engine to take out all the rods and replace the ends. But you say it has 3 inches of slop in it that could mean the bolt is loose for the linkage under the engine which is quite hard to get at without taking the engine loose and moving it out of the way.

Either way good luck.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts