Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At the end of last year I traded my 02 edgex 600 for a verticle edge 700 the guy i traded to was a hell of a nice guy, he said that the sled is nasty eats his 700 with pipe and can, reeds and clutchs, alive, this sled has a full slp exhaust with a stage 2 clutch and v force delta threes. Sounds mean anything i can do to make it any better?

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
ryan.cogswell said:
At the end of last year I traded my 02 edgex 600 for a verticle edge 700 the guy i traded to was a hell of a nice guy, he said that the sled is nasty eats his 700 with pipe and can, reeds and clutchs, alive, this sled has a full slp exhaust with a stage 2 clutch and v force delta threes. Sounds mean anything i can do to make it any better?
Bore, port, turbo, get lightweight suspension parts?

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Air horn?
Maybe some of those fancy pancy racing spark plug wires! Add like 1/8th horsepower!

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
lightweight parts, lightweight suspention, upgrade the shocks, 700 SLP Performance edition motor (Race package), Twin pipes with twin silencers, SLP Air intake, SLP vents, Timbersled rear suspension, BOSS seat.

The list os very, very long, it all depends on how think your wallet is.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Go to SLP's Website, and just look at all the stuff that is available for you sled, there's a lot! If you get SLP twin pipes, You wont be sorry, when you get the clutching, and new jets, the pipes will make a difference, and sound sweet. And If your doing twin's, Why not do the SLP Performance edition motor? (head/port/reeds/intake, etc...) Your sled will really wake up!

·
Registered
646 Posts
Make sure the jetting is perfect, as I have ridden with those who tried triple or double pipes without jetting first on their wedges. It makes for a long day of pushing and/or towing their bogged down, finicky sleds.

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
Make sure it is jetted for your temps and elevation, lowest you'll ride in. I'd leave the engine package as it is for now, next year you can add more if you'll need it. Add liteweight parts as stated, suspension, Fox Float2's up front, find a good used Boss seat.

·
Registered
666 Posts
How reliable do you want it, that's the real question

1 - 11 of 11 Posts