Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just put 1.5 inch lug track on my sled.planning on putting a air intake kit and a set of v force reed in her now , just wondering if any one has done and clutching or gearing with this same sled , if so what they'd recommend , thanks guys

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Need to know the size of the motor, intended riding style etc. Lots of people have xcsp's but there are 3 different motors that normally could go in there so provide more info.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Mine is a 660 but I run it geared fairly low, 22/40. This is actually the gearing that comes on the 500s. It will still do 90 but it gets there very quickly.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
its a stock 600. Im looking for something that will get up and go but not lose to much top end . Just trying to find a good balance.

·
Registered
58 Posts
i have a 2005 XC 500 with 1.5" track with v-force 3!

my clutching is stock and my gearing is stock too.

i like it since i use it for hunting!

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Save your money on the air intake.Unless it is highly modified, you won't gain anything.

410 main jets
Polaris almond/blue primary spring
10-62 weights
HSP 34x helix (hard to find) or R12
EPI orange (not HD) spring #2 position
22/39, 23/40, or 23/41 gears we run 23/39

·
Registered
283 Posts
this sled has team secondary.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
With the Team secondary we run the following with no changes to the primary set-up.
Team 66/44-.46 helix
red/blue LH spring w/ 3 delrin washers
With your 1.5" track you may want to go with a 62/42-.46

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
surly someone else most have some input on this topic. i was also wondering what pipes would you guys recommend for this sled. thanks guys

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
2005xcsp said:
surly someone else most have some input on this topic. i was also wondering what pipes would you guys recommend for this sled. thanks guys
I haven't seen any after market performance shops offer a pipe or pipes for the 500. If you are looking for more input try HCS. http://www.hardcoresledder.com/forums/252-polaris-general-discussion/

1 - 12 of 12 Posts