Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2006 Polaris Fusion 600 HO with 110 miles on it. It bogs and will back fire when the engine is cold (first 5 min of riding). I have to feather the throttle untill the motor warms up then it seems to run fine. Any Ideas?

Thanks

·
Registered
193 Posts
Try pullin over a 900 when it's really cold lol.. but yeah my sled is really cold blooded too. She'll fire then quit then the next pull she comes to life then warmup for about 5 minutes and there isn't any bog.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am having the same problem with my 600 HO Fusion..Should be something we can do with the carbs to correct this problem..

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I let it warm up for 10 minutes, runs fine on the stand. As soon as I take it of the stand and try to move it will bog, I have to feather the throttle for 200 yards or so and then it will run fine. I have tried plugs, and dealer suggested to turn the fuel screw out 1/4 turn. So far nothing has worked. It's under warranty and the snow is again gone .......... so the dealer may be getting it back before I go to Canada. Any other ideas??

Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
same as the rest, when you first start it up, it bogs you have to play with the throttle, after about 5 min it starts to run good..

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
I have rejetted a few 600 ho's here were are using 410's or 400's. It seems to stop it. The 600's are over fuel from the factory.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for all the great info. I took it to the dealer do to sheer boredom and lack of snow and this was the out come. I had NGK plugs installed (BPR9ES), he put the recommended Champions back in (Polaris and Champion designed the liberty ignition box around the recommended Champion Plug?). Found plug boot not connected to the plug wire, cut plug wire back and screwed boot on. "Fiddled" with the carb air/fuel screws. There was a little snow at the dealers, took it for a ride, ran fine. I will be running 400's as soon as the warranty is over, I believe it has 450's in it now. I will not know if it's really fixed untill we get some snow. Thanks again for all the help. :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
I was running the same NGK plugs in my sled, so decided to try the champions also. It did not do anything to change the problems that everyone else and myself are having. I found that after start-up i kept the choke in the middle position for a few minutes while riding and after that i took it off. May not be good for sled, but it worked. Had no problems after that at all. Even after stopping at restaurant for about an hour, sled ran fine after start-up and ran good the whole time out w/o the problem happening again.

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
Originally posted by Toyman
[br]Thanks for all the great info. I took it to the dealer do to sheer boredom and lack of snow and this was the out come. I had NGK plugs installed (BPR9ES), he put the recommended Champions back in (Polaris and Champion designed the liberty ignition box around the recommended Champion Plug?). Found plug boot not connected to the plug wire, cut plug wire back and screwed boot on. "Fiddled" with the carb air/fuel screws. There was a little snow at the dealers, took it for a ride, ran fine. I will be running 400's as soon as the warranty is over, I believe it has 450's in it now. I will not know if it's really fixed untill we get some snow. Thanks again for all the help. :)
stock should be 420 with 45 pilots.

·
Registered
277 Posts
600ho comes with 420 mains, 50 pilot and .6 pilot air jets. Fuel screw setting can make a big difference.

Did you have the carb boot recall done?

·
Registered
215 Posts
It could also be the throttle cable is too loose and activating the shut off switch on the throttle block.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts