Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well today i went to my dealer and took out a 2006 FST Switchback Turbo for a 20 min test drive....the first thing i'll say is, WOW!.... for a four stroke it hauls pretty good.... from a stopped position to movement, i find it lacks a little in power, but once your moving and hooking up, it Goes!....i beat the living snot out of that sled and it just kept asking for more, so I Gave It To Her....got her up to 184kph on hardpack trail....I RRReally like the front suspension on that sled....overall i was inpressed....i talked to my dealer about trading my XC in but they can only give me 3500 canadian for it, so Maybe i will sell it privatly, i can get the FST for $8600 canadian....Its a demo and has 600 miles on it i believe....worth the trade??

[attachment=59437]
[attachment=59439]

Attachments

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Id do it as the iq suspension is amazing as you said

·
Registered
864 Posts
Buddy bought one, we hav'nt got to ride together yet. His first impresssion are good.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
So if you beat the snot out of it, and so did others for 600 miles.........you still want that one?

I think I'd stay away from Demo sleds.

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
IF we ever get enough (and thats a big if) snow I have an all expenses paid weekend trip with a POO salesman on a pair of FST's, but as of now no snow=no ride. I will tell you that the day I bought my 800 XCR I did a comparioson of sleds, I could pick the front end off the ground (completly) on my XCR, a 600 and a 900 Fusion but that FST I could only get to the top of the shocks! you can easily see where the weight is on that sled.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by wilb
[br]Id do it as the iq suspension is amazing as you said
600 miles isn't that bad considering i bought my XC at 5600 miles but it wasn't untill later on that i found out that it had the living hell beaten out of it when i found out who previously owned it and when it started falling apart

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
You might want to check out www.polarisfiles.com about that sled. There seems to be some disgruntled owners. I'm not saying that it is a bad sled, I wanted one myself until I read whats going on over there. I think there is even a guy that's ready to sue Polaris over the issues regarding the FST.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
butcher boy, can you give me a direct link to it....i couldnt find it

1 - 8 of 8 Posts