Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2006 Fusion 600 with 110 miles on it. I start the sled, let it warm up 10 minutes or so, run it on the stand, runs fine. When I try to move, it will go about 5 ft and then "Bog" and I have to feather the throttle for about 200 yards before it will run correctly, will run fine all day after that. It will also sometimes backfire while I am feathering throttle. I have tried plugs and turning the fuel screw out 1/4 turn, no luck. It's under warranty, Dealer time?? Any Ideas would sure be welcomed.

Thanks[:D]

·
Registered
840 Posts
I wonder if the throttle cable is too loose, causing the engine to falter due to safety feature being triggered? Make sure the cable isnt loose. Anyone? WL.

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
Read your other 600 ho topic.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Originally posted by white lightning
[br]I wonder if the throttle cable is too loose, causing the engine to falter due to safety feature being triggered? Make sure the cable isnt loose. Anyone? WL.
unit does have throttle cable inspection recall on it--should see your dealer.also i do know that sleds have way to big pilots-#50's in them from factory---have done numerous sleds with #40's---runs way better.

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
Originally posted by polaris37
[br]
[br]I wonder if the throttle cable is too loose, causing the engine to falter due to safety feature being triggered? Make sure the cable isnt loose. Anyone? WL.
unit does have throttle cable inspection recall on it--should see your dealer.also i do know that sleds have way to big pilots-#50's in them from factory---have done numerous sleds with #40's---runs way better.
And bringing out your fuel screws just adds more fuel to the bottom end making it more boggy. True that Polaris jets the pilots too rich, takes away from fuel economy at trail speeds.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey i had the same problem. I just turned the air screaws out 3/4 of a turn nad then fuel one in a 1/4 and i checks my thorttle cable. Mine was twisted. Check urs out and if its fine do what i sia dand see what happens
Bartel

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here is the scoop. I took it to the dealer, he said that I was running the wrong plugs, had NGK BPR9ES in it, it now has the recommended Champion plugs installed. He said Champion and Polaris designed the ignition box on the Liberty motors as partners and that the only plug that will run correctly is the Chanpion plug. He also found one of the plug wires not screwed in to the plug cap, he cut the wire back and screwed the plug cap back on. The last thing he did was "Fiddle" with the carb fuel and air adjustments. The snow is gone so I can not tell if it is fixed or not, ran good at the dealers test track (around his shop). Thanks for the help and I'll let you know if it's fixed when it snows.

Think Snow :)

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
WE have ran the ngk's compared to the champions and there is a difference on the clock. Difference is 2-3 lengths in 660'

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Originally posted by polaris37
[br]
Is this something the dealership could do under warranty? How would this effect higher altitude riding? I will be riding upstate Vermont and upstate New York, would this hurt the machine?

·
Registered
16 Posts
IT shouldn't hharm anything ass long ass you change yor cluth coil to a higher altitude BUT anyway i just bought a rmk 700 2006 it bogged out a same ass the other guy i ran it around the house hit a little jump from end went up then banggggg!!! had no warrenty blew the crank,pistons,shaft,head,and jugs 4500$ damage dealer gave me a wicked deal of just paying the labour of 1000$ i thought it was the plugs the n thought the exhuast sensor or the oiler in it by #1 cluth dealer said i detonated my pistons the twisted the shaft broke the case busted the head and could have been the exhaust sensor being burt out i guess but ran 87 octane too so that could have done it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts