Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just rode 2006 IQ 700 classic I bought for my girlfriend. She rode it 15 mile and complained of a vibration in the bars.[:(] After I rode it another 60 miles I didn't want to get back on it. Bad vibration in bars, (even after putting on Polaris shock blocker in Old Forge) foot wells and front of seat. Any one have any suggestions on a fix or have similar experience[?] Please help

·
Registered
284 Posts
bring it back to the dealer and they should warrenty what ever is wrong with it...i'll just let you know now that Polaris's vibrate Alot...

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
Did ya hit anything? I have seen some bent drive axles lately. They are alot lighter than the old ones. Bigger around but lighter.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I don't know exactly how bad it is, but the CF 700(755)/900 motors were notorious for bad vibration. Jump on an IQ with the 600 and you'll notice the difference. Double check everything, but I think you're just stuck with the natural vibration of the motor. I have the new Dragon RMK and it doesn't vibrate any worse than my '03 800 RMK.

07rmkracer

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's at the dealer now. Checking over everything. Nope we didn't hit anything. got three feet of snow on the hill. Dealer says vibration is normal. I say theres no way Polaris would have sold so many if it were normal. This is my 12th new Polaris, and have own other used ones over the years. Polaris rep. recommended putting b.b.s in handlebar. any one hear of this? Dealer also recommended SLP lightweight silencer, SLP engine torque arm and SLP engine push arm?
thanks for the quick response.
would like to hear from someone with 2006 IQ 700

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Im thinking yo should have done some searching before you bought that sled. It does vibrate that is normal. the slp torque arms push arms do help.not sure about the can though. You will get us to it but Im thinking this is your fault for not checking around first.

·
Registered
283 Posts
ITS PRETTY MUCH THE NATURE OF THE BEAST,PUTTING THE SLP PUSH ARM AND TORQUE STOP ON IT WILL STIFFEN IT MORE BUT KEEP THE POWER TO THE GROUND BETTER.CHECK MUFFLER FOR TOUCHING ON THE BULKHEAD BY THROTTLE BODIES--IF SO ADD BRASS WASHER UNDER THE PIPE DAMPENER.RID A LITTLE VIBRATION,

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I did research this sled. I even drove 500 miles to demo ride it last spring at Timberview Polaris. Rode the demo sled for only about 20 miles with no indication of any vibration. I also have a 2006 Iq 700 touring with no vibration. Believe they are the same engine. I will call dealer in Morning and ask about exhaust coming in contact with bulkhead and have him add brass spacers.
Thanks for everyones input.

·
Registered
265 Posts
We had the wifes 700 IQ Classic out today for the first time and it was not bad at all. It does have some harshness at idle and at low speed. Once you are running and the RPM gets to 5500 and up, it is pretty smooth.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
They have a reputation for being a real vibrator. I rode an '05 Fusion and had the same experience. Nice chassis, but the engine vibration ruins it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts