Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to buy a 2006 Polaris RMK 900 and i heard that the 900 fusion's blow engines! are the RMK's a good sled and how do they run? do they blow engines like the 900 fusions? and does anybody know the gas mileage on these sleds?[1237]

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Those engines are the only real problem to my knowledge, I would avoid it unless you can get one really cheap.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
okay thanks for your reply :) i thought that too. its my freind he wants to buy it his getting it for around $3500 is that a good price?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Actually pretty dang good sleds once the updates have all been done. On Snowest.com there is a loyal following to them. Check it out. From what ive read on there they are Torque monsters and amazing when turboed.

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
I dunno where you heard of 900's blowing, because they are NOT known for that.

The biggest issues are the stators, but all batteryless EFI sleds have issues with stators.

The fusions suffered from getting rushed to market to compete with the rev's. Need to add heat-elimination to the engine compartment.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Most people who bitch about the 900's have never owned one! The 06's are much better than the 05's. I basically have that exact sled mine is a 2006 900 switchback with a 2" track installed.

All I suggest is getting some side panel vents and a SLP cold air kit or timbersled cold air kit. These kits eliminate the factory airbox, replaces it with a aluminum clutch gaurd and has a cold air intake up front.

These kits are extremely helpful with under hood air flow and cooling of the belt and engine.

I love my sled, I have 2000 miles so far of trouble free riding.
View attachment 2010112220950610_6985.bmp

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
that is a sweet sled

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
okay thanks for all your help. i will tell him to see if the updates are all done on it first of all :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts