Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello im thinking about buying a 2007 iq 440 how are they for sleds? i was probally going to trail convert it and just ditchbang and trail ride how much would it cost to trail convert it?

·
Registered
584 Posts
the 44o will NOT be a good trail sled. but it would be a great ditchbanger. the 440's are just really finiky on jetting. and you tend to have to rebuild them a lot. if i wear you i would buy the iq 44o, pull the 440 engine out, sell the motor and buy a 600 and put it in the iqr chassis. then it would be pretty good for trail and an even better ditch banger! [thumb]

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
^ Yeah I've heard they are hard to keep tuned properly. They are great for ditchbangng and well obviously have lots of low end snap.

Do you have any trail conversion parts or are you starting from scratch with a race sled?

·
Registered
4,299 Posts
Actually the tunability isn't that bad. The engine doesn't have a lot of low end snap, but the low gearing makes it feel as if it does.

I've got my sled set up pretty good, trail converted 440 (still premix), large custom gas tank, revalved shocks(you could even go softer if you wanted to plush out the ride a little)

2007 IQr for sale

·
Registered
7 Posts
xcsp_rider said:
hello im thinking about buying a 2007 iq 440 how are they for sleds? i was probally going to trail convert it and just ditchbang and trail ride how much would it cost to trail convert it?
i have an 06 and its trail converted and its perfect for ditchbanging i dont know how much it cost to trail convert but the suspension in these sleds is perfect for throwing it through anything

·
Registered
100 Posts
xcsp_rider said:
i got two of them if your interested in buying one, but personally i really like mine plenty of power trail converting wasnt that expensive i cant remember price but both of mine are trail converted with big tanks if your interested heres my number 715 862 0533 theyre 2007's

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yes the sled is fully trail converted

my idea was to get oil injection lighter springs and possibly gear differently

1 - 7 of 7 Posts