Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everytime and I mean everytime that I want to get that sled out of the hole, it have mist(lack of power) if the unit was idling more than 8-10seconds. The situation gets better in cold tempature then warmer weather.

A lot of people told me things to do but they never told me how safe the changes would be for the motor.

i run at 0 elevation most of the time.

This sled is almost perfect for me, except this out of the hole situation.

So please, if someone have the right safe setting for it, I might try that set up this year.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
If you're problem gets better the colder it gets, you need to adjust your carbs. You're running too rich.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's weird because I've told this to the dealership last year and they said that the setting was just fine.

Anyway, since it is a pain in the botox(LOL) to get to the carb and do some settings, I'll bring the sled to the dealer again and try to fix the problem for real.

·
Registered
283 Posts
put at least 40 pilots in it.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
polaris37 said:
put at least 40 pilots in it.
I took a visit to my possible futur sled(2009 Dragon 800) and the guy selling the sled tell's me that he had a IQ 2007 600 and had the same problem. He made a lot of changes and none have work.

I wish i could talk to someone that have the same sled as mine and had positive change after there mod, if mod really exist.

thanks

·
Registered
155 Posts
you need to change your carb set up to the same at the 2008 shift specs. I did this to my sled and it runs perfect. Off the top of my head you will need the 2008 shift carb slides, main jet, pilot jet, and posslley the needles. Just compare the 2008 shift carb specs to the 2007 IQ carb specs and update the parts as needed.

I get great fuel mileage 13-14mpg, and throttle response with this set up, they had the shifts dialed in perfect.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Just a thought. My father has a '09 600 dragon and it started running weird one day. He fired it up in the garage while the lights were out one time and I could see the spark shoot through the spark plugs as they were cracked a tiny bit. He was using the champion plugs that came in it from factory.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Tatternuts said:
you need to change your carb set up to the same at the 2008 shift specs. I did this to my sled and it runs perfect. Off the top of my head you will need the 2008 shift carb slides, main jet, pilot jet, and posslley the needles. Just compare the 2008 shift carb specs to the 2007 IQ carb specs and update the parts as needed.

I get great fuel mileage 13-14mpg, and throttle response with this set up, they had the shifts dialed in perfect.
Well my friend, this could be the cure. Do you have any Idea how much that cost in parts?

aurex said:
Just a thought. My father has a '09 600 dragon and it started running weird one day. He fired it up in the garage while the lights were out one time and I could see the spark shoot through the spark plugs as they were cracked a tiny bit. He was using the champion plugs that came in it from factory.
I have to do the same think with mine. I have seen the blue light from the hight and low beam come on when it was off at Wide open Trottle. Always find that strange!

·
Registered
155 Posts
I think the cost was $200-$230 with all of the parts. I don't exatly remember since i did it last year. I would grab the microfiche sheets for the 2008 Shift and 2007 IQ and compare the carb componenets and then you should be able to get the total for the parts.

you can compare carbs setups and get your total price here.
http://www.partsland.biz/pages/home/default.aspx

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
40 pilot jets
drop needles to #2 from top
400 mains and you'll be good to go, if temps drop below 0*F then 420's on the mains. Burble will go away, throttle response will be wicked, fuel economy will go up and it will cost no more than $15 to do.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
myvertxcape said:
40 pilot jets
drop needles to #2 from top
400 mains and you'll be good to go, if temps drop below 0*F then 420's on the mains. Burble will go away, throttle response will be wicked, fuel economy will go up and it will cost no more than $15 to do.

Yep, this set-up will be my second step. Thanks for that info. Is the motor stay realible taht way, I mean, does'it have chance to burn down, too lean?

But my step one would be to check the choke cable and the adjustement. I have receive this info from a guy on this forum. Said that he have the same sled as me and the choke adjustement was off. It make a lot of sense, since my sled start pretty good in cold days but tent to rev too slow at the end of the warming periode. The carbs then loadup way to much. But as soon that I give a couple of quick WOT, the sled works real good. But as soon that I'm on idle more then 7-10 seconds it bog again at WOT. Couple of quick WOT and the sled is terrific.

Like you guys see, I like the WOT

AHAHHAHAH

Thanks
I'll keep this info up to date, but I'll have an answer when snow will come

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi every one,

I've check the choke cable and it seems to be tight at the choke lever. Plus, when I go to the carbs, the spring that pulls back the mechanisme of the choke seems a bit weak. It does'nt come exactly to his place after the choke have been put on.

So I guess it could be two things. Adjusting the cable and maybe change the spring.

Is there a way to visualy check the position of the choke in the carbs. The slide's is in the way right now, so I guess if I stick the throttle to wide open, it will give me an opportunity to see something there. And I guess I need a mirror to have a look since the carbs are so down there.

your oppinion before I go in the shed?

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Forget my previus tread

I went in the shed to take a look and I saw how it was made. Both carbs have a little piston on the side and the choke system go tru them. So there is no spring and obviusly, you don't need to see in the carbs to see if the choke is on or not.

So, from my point of you, the choke system seems to work just fine. Both choke cylinders seems to be close when the choke lever is off. Anyway, I'll have the dealer to double check this.

So If this is all good, I'll have to check for another solution. My sled is hard on gas, but I guess thoses 600 are hard on gas from nature. But I need to find a fix for my WOT after idling. If it's not the choke, it is something with the cars and jetting I guess. Bt it's all stock so I taught it should run great. I'll try maybe to run MYVERTXCAPE setup, but we get pretty cold tempature up here so hope the 420 mains are good.

[/quote]

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I think I found another solution. Sell the sled and buy a Rush 600!

I know my IQ have two way of cooling out, under the tunnel and the front radiator. How about the Rush???

Is it quiker than my sled?

Thanks

1 - 14 of 14 Posts