Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a picture in the Snow Tech December 2006 issue.

Can anyone find any pictures online?

It looks like the 2007 Dragon. Except with a 900 and a way cooler paint job.

·
Registered
847 Posts
yes the 900 was its a late release and not released yet still in the looking over process

·
Registered
137 Posts
The picture he is loking at is a picture of what the RAW 900 was going to look like. Unfortunately it failed validation tests on the bulkhead and vibrated more than the 06. Its a picture of what could of been. It does look sweet though.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
here are some short articles on them i guess the "RAW" is just for the RMK? and not happening. no pics though.

http://www.snowgoer.com/output.cfm?id=1136755

http://snowtechmagazine.com/?p=200

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
In the magazine it has a different paint job than this one...

The hood is blue, and it looks really, really good. They have the black version also.

Boasted 25 pounds lighter.

They had a newly revised motor mount system which reduced vibrations. Unfortunately, the "RAW" transformation(picture a 2007 Dragon) added rigidity, which increased vibrations.

"Deemed unacceptable, and considering the new 700 Dragon was 39 pounds lighter yet only shy 12 HP, production of the 900 was "suspended"."

In my opinion, according to this magazine, it looks like nearly everything was changed. But they just couldn't get the vibration problem fixed. I suspect we will see this model in the near future.

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
^^^^ the pic didnt work.

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
http://www.snowgoer.com/ts-sgm/images/elements/1136755_pic.gif?wid=200&cvt=gif

I think it's because it's a .gif file...

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
from what the snowtech mag says, it sounds like they are going to fix the problem and get them out next year. from what they listed for lighting it up, its the main things all the 05, and 06 900 owners have been doing. rad removal, liter can, drilling holes in the track. the tunnel looks great though a mountain specific tunnel any other iq rmk riders get lots of snow in the foot wells? I talked to a guy that has a 900 and drilled holes in his running boards and said it didn't help a bit. anyone have snow eliminaters?

·
Registered
945 Posts
IN snow tech they wrote about it and had some pics assumingly from polaris. I don't have the mag (left it at work), the article is something like "IQ 900 RAW RMK. At the end of the article is says you can't have this sled. I don't see a mid-season release with this sled or at least with the 866 Liberty.

IT looks like it would have come in two colors, polaris blue and black. It does look sweet. I think it has the same graphics as the IQs.

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
They will be back next year and if they aren't then something bigger will replace them.

I thought that the Raw 900 RMK was supposed to look more like the Dragon, but the picture that is here looks more like a 600 HO RMK.
super_pat_89 Posted - Today : 8:01:13 PM

http://www.snowgoer.com/ts-sgm/images/elements/1136755_pic.gif?wid=200&cvt=gif

I think it's because it's a .gif file...

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
FUSION900PA. That's the one!

WY_rider. They also said they reduced ice and snow build up in the tunnel... Not sure if it was a problem or not, but they are boasting a 40 pound loss.

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
I think it was a 25lb loss. but ya I saw the holes in the running boards and they looked the same as the guy who drilled holes in his 05. they need to do the skidoo style and have 4" long bars as holes. I think the snow eliminaters would work good.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
i dont know what all the commotion is about they all look the same.....nothing special there

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
Originally posted by 99 ZL 500
[br]i dont know what all the commotion is about they all look the same.....nothing special there
The difference between a stock IQ chassis and the RAW chassis is very significant. The ONLY reason I dont have one is I couldnt get a 600 with CFI. running boards are wider, drilled out, different seat.... clean look compared to anything else in the polaris line. It IS the sled of choice for us boondocker/mountain guys. The only other downside is lack of being able to get a smaller track and lack of idler wheels in the rear. It was a difficult choice for me. I ended up with the switchback because I could get the engine I wanted....

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
hold on there dark star lol....i never said there wasnt any differences...i just said it looks all the same as the other one in their lineup....i mean body style.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
The article also stated that they changed the crankshaft as well.... they used new motor mounts to isolate whatever vibes were left after the crank change but the new rigid chassis they used transfered the vibes much easier than the old chassis so the vibrations were still felt... it also said that they suspended production... not cancelled... my bet is that they will release it later this year.... And monsterJay.. the the 25lbs of weight loss is right but he is talking about the new full tunnel cooling system that doesn't let any snow/ice build up in the tunnel... this alone saves over 40lbs on average in snow buildup.

Everyone has been dogging the new 866 and 755 when in fact they are both top notch engines with little to no reliability issues but they did have a motor mount issues that needs attention and polaris under clutched them... but this doesn't mean they're junk. Don't believe everything that your mothers, brothers girlfriends cousins dad says because 80% of people who criticize these sleds never even sat on one.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts