Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Filled coolant bottle up to full cold line on my 07 Switchy then put up on blocks for both front and back(front a little higher than back end). Dropped it down recently to do some track work and start up when I noticed the coolant level had dropped down about 2 inches from where it was (can't find any leaks). Ran it for about 10 minutes on idle and then a few runs up to 1/2 throttle etc....Now the coolant has stayed at the lower level after cooling off but hasn't dropped anymore. What the Hell? Is there an air bubble in there? What is the best way to burp these IQ's? Lift front, take cap off and warm up to purge bubbles thru bottle?

· Registered
454 Posts
I think you may have answered it when you sujested a air bubble. Thats my first idea if theres no puddles or none in motor(cases).

· Registered
209 Posts
PusherMan said:
Filled coolant bottle up to full cold line on my 07 Switchy then put up on blocks for both front and back(front a little higher than back end). Dropped it down recently to do some track work and start up when I noticed the coolant level had dropped down about 2 inches from where it was (can't find any leaks). Ran it for about 10 minutes on idle and then a few runs up to 1/2 throttle etc....Now the coolant has stayed at the lower level after cooling off but hasn't dropped anymore. What the Hell? Is there an air bubble in there? What is the best way to burp these IQ's? Lift front, take cap off and warm up to purge bubbles thru bottle?
To take the air bubble out, Lift the front, warm up the sled. But instead of taking the cap off, use the bleeding screw, located aside the coolant cap. That's the way The Dealer do it!

· Registered
713 Posts
they way i was told to do it was let the snowmachine be on level ground. engine idle at 900 rpm. open the bleeder screw with the coolant bottle. while engine is running, lift the left ski so that the back of the ski is only touching the ground, hold 10 secs. lift the rear, hold 10 secs. lift the right ski hold 10 secs. then the front. check your coolant level add if necessary. continue procedure and keep an eye on your coolant level. and check to see if your heat exchangers are warm.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.